New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a middle aged male (50+), married for 20 years (sort of), no children, minor health issues. My wife hasn't said a word to me in 3 days, other than to respond to direct statements. Our pets talk to me more than she does. Apparently our animals have the alleged capacity to see ghosts (i.e., me) since I don't seem to exist in any plane that intersects with hers.
For about 9 months I have been going to a ketamine clinic. It helps, but treatment brings its own baggage.
I am not unfriendly, but I am not a social creature...not in real nor virtual life.
I can't say that C19 hasn't affected me, but due to employment and location, hasn't really changed much for me/my family. OK, probably stress.
I suppose my safety plan is a ridiculously awkward/difficult means, but I have reached a point of often thinking of "where and when?". Not an intentional safety measure, but I am still here, in spite of my best efforts. (Intended as an injection of light-heartedness...)
I have had acquaintances that committed suicide, an uncle, and a few years ago, someone that I had known for 30 years (give or take).

What more can I say? I have my issues and here I am.

I have had acquaintances that committed suicide, an uncle, and a few years ago, someone that I had known for 30 years (give or take)
Sorry that you lost them to suicide, and that you are feeling suicidal too
My wife hasn't said a word to me in 3 days, other than to respond to direct statements. Our pets talk to me more than she does. Apparently our animals have the alleged capacity to see ghosts (i.e., me) since I don't seem to exist in any plane that intersects with hers
Is your relationship with your wife the main thing that is making you feel suicidal?
For about 9 months I have been going to a ketamine clinic. It helps, but treatment brings its own baggage
Do you want some information about treatment methods?

Mymindsmine

Trying4life . I’d love you to stop hanging your well-being on someone else and find it inside of you to know you do have an inate ability to get through it without hanging your well-being on someone else . You are amazing and have a right to be here no matter what x

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
welcome to SF we are a peer community that cares but never judges. look at the different forums and post when you feel comfortable or go to our chat section if you prefer real time.

it sounds like you pissed off your wife. if it's your fault or not, it happens, i know i'm married also lol. seriously try to talk to her and see why she won't talk to you. and as you age things like health start to change. please keep talking because people here care and will listen. i hope you feel better...mike...*hug*shake

Waves

Hello
How are you today? Did a day make a difference? You mentioned attending a ketamine clinic. For depression I am guessing? Treatment working? Ah your wife is giving you the silent treatment. My experience has been it is because you may have been insensitive. Forgot an anniversary or birthday? Said something Insensitive? Did not help in some way? May I suggest you cook her her favorite meal and clean up. Women like it when husbands help around the house without being asked.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey there and welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing a part of your story with us all. I'm by no means a social butterfly either but this forum does help, here you will find people you will be able to relate to in some sense and hopefully that will give you some relief. I dunno he situation with you and your wife but know that she does give give you your worth. You do. Google self compassion and go from there and by the way its nice to meet you, looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

KindaOtiose

Hi. Welcome to the forums @Trying4Life. I'm sorry you're going through so much. I'm certainly no social butterfly either, but I can tell you have a great sense of humor.

It's great that you're going to treatment for your ketamine problem. In relation to your wife, I'm sorry you're having relationship troubles. It might be worth just giving the issue some time, or potentially considering relationship therapy, if it doesn't resolve itself. On this forum, you'll be able to find lots of compassion and advice.

Stay safe. Sending hugs *brohug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00