new here!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by gonnagetbetterhere, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A little background info and warning:
    My therapist recommended this site as a great support site SO I'm hoping it'll be as great as it's cooped up to be!
    First off, I am a pathological liar.
    It got to a point where I found it harder to tell the truth than it was to lie. I got so good at lying and felt no guilt whatsoever. I lied about anything big and small and got away with plenty of it. SO my therapist recommended I come here and test out my new honesty skills.
    AND, I've been in therapy for it for the past four years and I promise I'm getting better :biggrin:
    So no lies here. I've never attempted suicide, nothing has really ever gone wrong with my life, and I'm a pretty good student at school with a nice group of friends. I've had to do a lot of apologizing in the past few years but I'm really working hard on it :smile:
    So I'm here for support, not pity, and I'm going to do my best to be as honest as I can! Don't be afraid to doubt me if you feel the need to- I might just need that reality check here and there.
    I'm excited to be here, I hope to see you around! I'm doing my best :biggrin:
  2. Testify

Testify Well-Known Member

o hai.
  3. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

Wow. I'm really impressed, I have not even gotten started searching for a therapist for my self. I'm glad you're glad, and I wish you the best of luck in the time you spend here. The people here are really honest and accepting of others, so I hope you don't ever feel the need to lie to us. Are you also suffering from depression and suicidal feelings? If not what led you to chose this forum?
  4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Yo, face.
  5. My compulsive lying eventually lead me to isolation, depression and suicidal feelings, but no attempts.
  6. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

Then I hope you can get the help you need for all of the things that make you suffer :/. Keep strong we're behind you :)!
  7. candy15

candy15 Active Member

Good luck Gonnagetbetter here! and welcome to SF :smile:
  8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Love your name :) I hope you like it here. You sound really committed to healing yourself and you seem like a really nice person in general. Welcome!
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

good luck!! and welcome to the forum :arms:
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF.
  11. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Yoskis, home skillet. Welcome here. :smile:
  12. HAY

HAY New Member

Maybe your lying about being a pathological liar?
  13. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

good luck,with improving and working on yourself!
    and welcome to the forum!
  14. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum homeslice
  15. :laugh: is that even possible?
    nah, I really am a pathological liar :unsure:
  16. Neverland

Neverland Member

welcome, I'm new here too
  17. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

welcome to SF x