New Here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by orual, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orual

orual Member

Well I am new, where to start...having thoughts of suicide and this is not like me. If I told you about my life you would wonder why. I wonder that too. But the thoughts are persistent and they are...seductive. Strange word. It feels like I am just tired all the time of struggling with the world. I feel like all of the good "firsts" in life are gone or are never going to happen, all that is left is the bad kinds of "firsts". I hate this and feel like I should be asking what I can add to this life rather than take from it. But the thoughts are coming more often and I don't feel like I can tell anyone without scaring them. I hope to talk here to people who may understand.
  2. shefallsasleep

shefallsasleep Well-Known Member

Welcome :)
    I have a pretty good life too if thats what you mean by people would wonder why you are suicidal, but a lot of the time that doesn't mean a thing! x
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Depression/suicidal thoughts, etc are not bound to only those with lives that are less than ideal. I am certain you will find those that understand your feelings and can offer support to you when needed. I am glad you found us. :welcome: :hug: :shake:
  4. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey welcome to the forum and i hope that you can find lots of people to talk to and to offer support to you :hug:
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome and yes lots of people understand here. Are you seeing a therapist or on medication for these thoughts. It does help glad you reached out for support.
  6. orual

orual Member

Thanks for the warm welcome all. I guess what I mean by "my life" is that I feel like I should be happy with it, and guilty for having these thoughts. I've seen therapists on and off throughout the years, probably time to go back now. See you around the forums and thanks again.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:welcome: to sf!
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!
  9. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Sf :)
  10. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :D