new here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by isd, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isd

isd Well-Known Member

i am 35 yo male from england. i've had serious depression for 7 years. i've been on anti-depressants for maybe 3/4 years, i tried a third one about a month ago but it messed me up so came off it quick. i've tried counselling and psychotherapists some years ago. i am totally out of ideas so maybe if i post here sometime it can help, even if i'm just writing things down. i hardly drink, don't do drugs, i have improved my diet a lot. i don't exercise i know i should but it is so hard to motivate myself

i live in more or less total isolation (i am self sufficient, but not to this level), have not been out sociallty with people for maybe a year and a half. i am still in contact with my parents who know my situation. i have been suicidal two days ago, and a couple of weeks before that. i think the winter has started to bite hard on my mind. any big change of season seems to fuck me up, because it is like more time has gone by, and i am older, and have done very little in my life.

i am on disability allowance (the person in charge of me at the job centre has been one of the few rays of lght, she has been great with me). i am long past the stage of gloryfying depression, but sometimes i feel that if you are a sensitive and intelligent person in todays society then there is no way you could avoid depression, unless you're superhuman
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to SF. I hope you stick around and make some friends here. :hug:
  3. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

welcome to SF :)
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum! :hug:
  5. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hello and welcome to Sf, I hope you will find the support you are seeking here.

6. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey! welcome to sf. its good to meet you :shake: i hope you find lots of support and friends here
  7. isd

isd Well-Known Member

thankyou everyone for the welcome
  8. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF!! :welcome: :hug: :)
  9. fedrorpet

fedrorpet Banned Member

Hi friends,

I am new to the Forum so thought I should say hello!Nice place to study and related topic discussion.Hope to find some new friends on here to chat on some important and informative topics.
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!
  11. isd

isd Well-Known Member

thanks again
  12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. :shake:
  13. leeone

leeone Member

Welcome ISD.