new here

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by fading_dreams, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fading_dreams

fading_dreams Well-Known Member

hi, i am new here. i have been cutting for a couple years now. i think i started in 7th grade. i am trying to stop, but it's become an addiction. i am trying to find a counselor, and they have free ones at the school that i go to. i have tried to hide the scars, but it didn't really work, so some people know about me. that makes me feel really uncomfortable, but what can you do? anyway, i have also tried to kill myself once, i slit my wrists, but i didn't cut deep enough... and that was what really scared me into trying to get some help. so ... hello. i hope that you guys will become my friends... and that we can get to know each other better.

2. One who listens..

One who listens.. Well-Known Member

Fading, official welcome to SF!! :laugh:

I hope you have fun here, and I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends.

There are lots of people here with similar stories of yours about cutting, I'm not one of them, but I have friends in realife that are/did. I hope you can overcome the problem making you want to cut, and if you post it here, maybe we can help you deal with it.

Welcome! :hug:

One Who Listens..

3. Montage

Montage Well-Known Member

hey, welcome here.....
    ive been a cutter since i was 7 or so... im much much better now... but it still is an issue when things get tough.. i stopped cutting for about 6 months or so and i used the mederma stuff for scars.... you can barely see any of mine... except when i go to the beach... which is really strange, i guess the salt water does something, and my scars reappear... anyway, when someone has noticed my scars... and they ask what it is.. i simply say my past, and thats all there is to it. if they keep prying, its rude.. and you might want to say im not comfortable talking about it... i hope things are going well...
    i remember how ashamed id get if someone would say something about my scars... remember this, please please dont be ashamed of your scars.. be proud that you got through a really tough time... let me know if i can help in any way...

4. fading_dreams

fading_dreams Well-Known Member

Thank you guys so much. I really appreciate you guys responding to my post. i really want to get to know all of you and become your friends. you guys seem like people that i can trust.. maybe that's because you guys are going through or have gone through some of the same things as i have. not many people here can understand that. i just don't know anyone else who's as deep into it as i am... i mean, i know one person who only cut twice and one person who's quit now... so there's no one who understands when i say it doesn't feel like i can stop. but i really do want to.. and yet at the same time, i dont' know if i will find something else that gives me the same.... feeling as cutting does.....

5. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

hi dreams
    i too have and still do cut when things get overwhelming or nothing... if that is at all understandable... i think you r brave to open up so freely and also believe that you will overcome.... i think it is something like being an alcholic... we may stop but the urge will creep up from time to time.. i have had a really good run.. for me.... like two months .. i think... any way welcome and keep up the good work.. as for finding something that feels as good as cutting.. do you keep a journal... do art... meditate... eventually you will find your safe place.. keep trying and keep us posted...

6. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.