New here :)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Tavi6233, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tavi6233

Tavi6233 Member

Hi, I just joined today. Didn't even notice this forum so I've already been in some of the others. Anyway, so far I really like this forum, I have always had a hard time posting on other forums, like the typical depression forums, but this one I feel like I can really identify with.

So I have come here after many suicide attempts. I also have major depressive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and obsessive compulsive disorder. I also am a cutter.

Most of my problems started when I was 18, but came to a full when I was 23. I live with my grandmother, mother, and sister. My grandmother has dementia, my mother has chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and my sister is a schizophrenic. I love them very much, but it is alot to deal with sometimes. When I was 23 I was caring for my family, working full time as a nurses aid, and going back to school to become a registered nurse. I was always worried about taking care of others but seemed to neglect myself.

Over the last year I am no longer working or going to school, I am on disability, but I want to get better. I'm looking into going back to college for Medical Office Administration, but I still have a bit to go before I will be ready for that. At this time I am having issues with suicide again, I'm not sure why really. It doesn't seem like its being brought on by depression like before, now it feels more like an obsessive thought, more of an impulse.

Well anyway, hopefully I will get to meet you all through these forums, I think this is one group where I will actually be active and not just sit in the background :smile:
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Jamie!! I'm sure you will fit in here..Don't worry about the slow responces.. It's like that when you first join.. Just keep posting and replying to others..You said you have already been on some of the forums.. Thats good..Take your time and get comfortable..
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi your story sounds somewhat like mine carer so overwhelmed just so warned out no wonder your thought are the way they are depression comes on when chemicals in our brains are not right don't need things to be wrong. You are probably depleted of seretonin like me. I hope you do get back to work your schooling take care of you OKAY it is okay to take care of you I doknow how hard that is. Welcome to SF and i hope you are ableto get onto chat and start making connections okay take care
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Jamie. It sounds like you have a lot to deal with besides your own personal issues. I hope you are getting some kind of respite care to help out at home. i am sorry to hear you had to basically put your life on hold while you try to get yourself back together. You will succeed though. You seem like someone who understands what it tkes to get back on the right path. i wish you well and hope we are able to offer you the support you need to help you in your journey. Take care. :hug:
  5. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Hi Jamie, welcome to the forum, i hope you find what you are looking for.
  6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Jamie and welcome to SF. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.