new here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I just joined today. I've suffered from anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember and have been having issues with self-esteem and self-harming over the past year. I've been on and off meds, in and out of therapy. Am currently on and in. Some recent life changes have caused a bit of a relapse and I am no longer talking to the only person I have been on a daily basis for the past few years (aside from doctors). Feeling lonely and lost, basically looking for some companionship.

Thanks for reading.

Hello,

I just joined today. I've suffered from anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember and have been having issues with self-esteem and self-harming over the past year. I've been on and off meds, in and out of therapy. Am currently on and in. Some recent life changes have caused a bit of a relapse and I am no longer talking to the only person I have been on a daily basis for the past few years (aside from doctors). Feeling lonely and lost, basically looking for some companionship.

Thanks for reading.
Hi. Welcome, I just joined yesterday. This is already my little escape from reality. Its nice to meet other people that are in the same boat as me for one reason or another. You said that you no longer are talking the someone that you were talking to on a daily basis. Is this a loved on or a professional? I have thought about making an appointment with a professional, i just haven't got around to do it. I dont really have anyone in my personal life to talk to. My BF has a job where i hardly see him. (I go months and months without seeing him). I don't vent to family because it would break their heart if they knew their baby girl is depressed and hates her life. Companionship huh? Man, I want that too. I was thinking about buying a fish, but im not sure that will satisfy that void. :) If you get bored and want to see something funny, rent Whitney Cummings "Money Shot". I find comedy shows cheer me up and I just watched that recently. So Funny!

Hey Audio84,

Thanks for responding. It was a loved one who ended up meeting someone else. It's good to see a professional, feels like someone is on your team. Sorry that you have to be seperated from your BF for so long, that must be lonely. I know what you mean about family, it's hard to talk to them because you don't want to disappoint (at least for me). I have a bunch of pets, I'm a bit of an animal freak and had a series of fish I kept naming David Lynch when they passed (david lynch I, david lynch II etc lol)

Ouch! That hurts a lot. I think i would rather be punched in the face by a guy than for him to meet another woman. That happened to me before...long story (soap opera quality) lets just say i was a young bride and my ex-husband was also interested in my best friend from 7th grade. Burn right?! Im glad though now, i was only 20 and married. Yuck.
And yes, i dont want to disappoint my family or allow them to think it was something they did wrong. That is really funny what you name your fish. That made me laugh. I name the daddy-long-legs in my house. I hate spiders and since these guys kill other spiders i welcome them into my house. (Is that weird?) haha.
Yes BF is always gone. I have though many times about breaking it off, because i am very very lonely. But then i figure, do i really want him here to see me like this? The last two days i hurried home from work so i can cry because i have been pinning it back all day. I have been trying to make myself work out last couple days...my natural anti-depressant, it works for a few hours....which is a nice break from my "dark hours".

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Hi and welcome...someone abandoning you like that hurts so much...it is no wonder you are feeling so awful...please know many of us have been through that, in fact, my ex brought his next to our house for dinner...I knew there was something going on so I kicked him out the next week...see ya! Welcome again and please keep posting and letting us know what is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00