New here

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by hate-self, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hate-self

hate-self Account Closed

I'm not sure if this is the right place - sorry if it isn't!! But I am feeling really suicidal and I don't know what to do!

I was sexually attacked 2 weeks ago today and I just can't cope with the emotions this has brought up. I really hate everything I have become and wish I was dead. I have called the samaritans but I struggle to speak on the phone and so this was no use to me at all.

I've literally been in bed all week - haven't spoken or seen anyone and it amazes how quickly people forget you are there if you aren't making an effort. This leads me to believe noone will actually miss me if I am not here.

Sorry, don't even know why I am writing :(

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Welcome! :) I'm glad you joined the forums here. Have you tried e-mailing the Samaritans? I'm not familiar with them, but I heard that they can be e-mailed and will try to reply ASAP within a 24 hour window, but I'm not positive! Lastly, this sub-forum you posted in is just fine! Take care.

Alex

3. hate-self

hate-self Account Closed

Thank you for the reply. I've emailed the samaritans but I am really struggling to get through tonight. Does anyone have any distraction techniques they use when in this situation?

4. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hi, first of all, welcome to sf. I think you took a huge step by coming here. This place has helped me enormously, as I'm sure it will you. As far as distraction techniques go, I usually try to watch a good comedy series on tv to try and cheer myself up. Either that or talking to someone online.. And I'm available if you need to. :) In any case, welcome and I hope you get the help and support you need while on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.