New here.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Grimmy, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimmy

Grimmy Member

Ok, long and short of it, I'm here because things aren't going well. I had quit self harming for about 17 years, found alternatives, just gotten better at managing my reactions, avoiding triggers etc. Well, nothing quite like a major stress-er to bring it back, nightmares and all. Not proud of it, the cuts only really relieve it for a few minutes anyway. Tried a support group found myself on a so far 5 month waiting list. I'm at my whits end at this point, and I guess just reaching out.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You should be proud of yourself for not self-harming for so long. :hug: Don't be too hard on yourself, we all slip up every once in a while. I do hope that things get better for you soon.

3. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I hope you feel better soon Grimmy. Christy is correct that you should be proud of yourself for not doing sh for so long. 17 years old is as almost as old as I am so that's something to be proud of. We all have moments where we slip and mess up. Hang in there and remember your not alone.

Trevor,

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I am so glad you decided to post...andyes, not hurting yourself is so brave and wise...please keep posting and telling us how you are doing...it is so critical to find your voice when trying to treat yourself better...welcome again

5. Grimmy

Grimmy Member

Thanks for the welcomes. Some of my "alternatives" are kind of cheating as it's socially acceptable if it's a tattoo or a piercing, basically if you pay someone else to do it, your not harming yourself, but at least those aren't chronic in nature, once they are done they are done.
    And some of my tattoos cover up the trails of where I was 17 years ago so they served a purpose. I really hate that I'm back to cutting, back to hiding, it's like one thing has triggered a storm that I can't seem to escape.

6. Grimmy

Grimmy Member

Ok, yeah well I've posted in another thread, really hoping to find some info; is there a truly anonymous means of seeking a councillor/therapist? I've been back to cutting for a couple of months, stuck in a situation that I can't readily flee or attempt to smooth out. Officially seeing one could place my employment in jeopardy as could any attempt to try to calm the situation. I know I can't keep this up, I've been here before, and the last time didn't turn out so well, coping has never really been something I did well on my own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.