New Here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by keenanG, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keenanG

keenanG New Member

Hey guys.

I am new here! Obviously, haha. However I am not new to suicide. I am 19, and have overcome depression, suicidal thoughts, suicidal attempts, etc. From cutting, to burning, to having a knife in my arm, I have gotten through it. I only want to help others, and that is my focus/goal. I run a YouTube channel in hopes to bring light these topics to those unfamiliar, help those who are familiar, and bring joy and entertainment to those who need it. At my highschool I took part in a class called "Peer Helping" where I gave 300+ student assemblies telling my story and how to overcome these issues. That there is hope. I had the entire school opening up to me, and I was able to give help, among many others, to a countless number of kids.

I hope to continue helping those in need and thought this forum could be a good place to do so.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Keenan nice to have you here
  3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Keenan.. welcome .. hope you get some friendship and good stuff for yourself also while on here.. i love the tube mostly for all the music videos.. you take care, Jim
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums..
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Keenan, I'm glad to hear that you have got through the tough times in your life and are happier now. That's nice that you are now trying to help others; you have a big heart. :smile: Hope you enjoy your time here on SF.
  6. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, it is so great to hear you have overcome all that and are still willing to help others :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.