New here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by PJLane, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJLane

PJLane Well-Known Member

Hi everyone
    just wanted to make a quick post to say hi :)
    Ive just found this forum and am just looking for other people in a similar situation to talk with and get support. Ive had some bad experiences with other online forums not being that supportive so i dont like to put 'my story' right out there - but it seems like there are alot of nice people here so hopefully i will fit in!
    Im a 23yr old female from australia, been depressed for awhile, just trying to get through.
    i look forward to meeting everyone :duck:

also ps i love the panic button - good idea !
  2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hello there PJLane.. welcome to SF's... an aussie gal .. glad to have you aboard with us now.. lot of us also just trying to make it thru each day.. varying degrees of success often with that.. look around this place please. got any questions just please let us know.. tc, Jim
  3. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean about other forums not being as supportive... I had a pretty miserable experience at another popular depression forum before coming here - I won't mention the name, because it's probably against the rules and even if it's not, I don't want to give the site any recognition... too many abusive people there and not enough moderators. This site may be smaller, but I also find it to be much friendlier - not all the time, but for the most part, heated disputes tend to get shut down before they spiral out of control.

Anyway, I've made a couple of great friends here, and I hope you are able to find the same.
  4. PJLane

PJLane Well-Known Member

thanks for the replies, i feel quite welcomed :) i like forums with a lot of usa members because im a night owl so i have company
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi welcome to SF hun lots of caring people here to talk to hugs
  6. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Lol, well I'm an American member who is also somewhat of a night owl... so... I guess that probably puts us on opposite time frames.

Still, as you can see, I'm up pretty late in the day (for my schedule and time zone at least)... I'm sure there will usually be someone around to talk to you. And you can always PM me and I'll reply whenever I have time.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi PJLane, welcome to SF. You won't experience that here---people are pretty supportive and caring. I hope you can find what you're looking for here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.