New Here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by jdgirl, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdgirl

jdgirl Member

Well obviously I'm new here. I'm not exactly sure how this whole thing works, I just know I need help. I've suffered from depression since I was fifteen. For anyone who's ever said you out grow it is full of crap. I battle it everyday and it seems to be getting worse. I fear for myself and the safety of my unborn daughter. I'm petrified I'm going to hurt her and I cant imagine doing that. Unfortunately I've asked my husband for help and he seems to think its just a ploy for his attention. So here I am. Asking a group of people I've never met for the help and support to keep me going and to help save my little girls life.
    Truly,
    Kyndal

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Kyndal think is time to talk to your doctor and get some real help.. I have done severe depression most my life..not something one just gets over..

Not sure what meds you can take during pregnancy..talk to doc please.. Also hon it is safe to talk here about what is going on..lot of us been thru the same so we really will understand. Look around here some. Lots of forums for just about everything..take care, Jim

3. jdgirl

jdgirl Member

Jim
    I am on medication. The highest dose the Drs feel is safe while pregnant.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Kyndal and welcome to SF. I'm sorry that people haven't been very supportive towards you, but we will help you here.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Kendal will this be your first child??? My son Johnny is almost 36 now.. He is autistic, nonverbal and very much the reason I am still alive and trying..children can be the best thing in your life but is a lot work and responsibility..I am hoping your husband is going to shoulder some the responsibility of the child are.

No matter how much you love them you will need some breaks and me time.. Professional mental health care can really help..having a compapetant caring pro listens and has your welfare as an imperative is wonderful hon..especially if you do not have family and friends

I am around here lots of the time..mornings are better while the antidepressants are really working..you can message me by clicking on my username at top left of any post of mine..will lead you to my profile page.. Once there just click on send message and fill in the blanks..want to help you some if I can.. Have suffered terribly and alone periods in my life.. Hurts terribly..later, Jim

6. jdgirl

jdgirl Member

thanks Jim. and yes Calla will be my first child. I had a miscarriage earlier in life but this is my first full term.

7. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Is your husband aware of your history of depression?

8. jdgirl

jdgirl Member

Yes he is fully aware of my depression history.

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

If your husband doesn't jump on the bandwagon soon he will miss out..My daughter and grandaughter have a special bond,.It's almost like they are best friends..Who needs your husband to join in on that..I wish you all the best..Joseph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.