New Hobby

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of taking up a new hobby to take my mind of suicide - skydiving.

The way I see it, I will be conquering a major fear of heights and getting a major thrill. At the same time, if something goes wrong - oh, well. It's not like I never expected it.

Killing two urges with one stone. (Don't mention birds, I don't like killing animals.)

:spidey:

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

that's hilarious. sorry. i hope your chute always opens!

i could never in a million years jump out of a plane i am SO scared of heights.

3. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

That's one I have on my list too. Heights are a rush, I used to do a lot of treeclimbing for the forest service, been 260 feet up a douglas fir, did some sugar pines that were over 6' at the butt and over a hundred feet to the first branchs. I was using a 400' rappel line on those, I could almost freefall for over a hundred feet, then cinch the line and land ever so soft. What a rush, I miss those days.
    When I was getting on it, I was doing the equivalet of climbing and rapelling the outside of the empire state building every day (like a dozen trees over 150' was the norm)

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I would love to skydive but I'm sure I'm not able to... :(

5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I used to love climbing trees as a kid -- until I got stuck in one. They had to call the fire department -- very humiliating. I would've earned more macho points had I fell out of a tree -- but I was rescued, safe and sound. Maybe that's where my fear of heights came from.

6. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Well, think about it this way. Broken bone stories are only macho till you're about 35...

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I used to also climb trees when I was younger. Heck, I still climb my cherry tree every now and then. Good luck with skydiving Pit. I could never skydive though. There's always the possibility that the parachute won't open...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.