New ice age within a few years?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Sycotic_Sarah, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've read that in 2012, the new ice age will come.

Because global warming, it's melting the north poles ice, causing a shift in the sea levels, and if sea levels increase, it'll cause bad weather conditions for us.
    Ie;
    tsnamuis,
    tornados,
    hurricanes,
    and extreme flooding.

Apparently most countries in the northern hemisphere will be flooded, then frozen, creating the new ice age.

Opinions on this?

'Cause if it's true, damn I don't wanna die like that!
    :unsure:

2. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

nah, im not worried about it. you will hear so many 'prophesies' and 'doom-sayers', wouldnt go ahead and plan my suicide just yet, who knows what will happen. im not worried about global warming but i know it is a sensitive subject for some.

3. neverdie

neverdie Guest

I agree, u can't go by a what if this or that. They've been saying stuff like that for decades. Nothing to worry about. U must not live in canada where I do, our winters would just freeze ur arse off. Then I think of global warming, yeah right :biggrin:

4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

meh glad im in the south then, though i hope im dead by then...

5. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

I think the global climate is slightly more complex than a simple matter of globe heats up, we're all toast. I believe in climate change, the climate has always been changing. How much is due to us at the present time i am not sure. It has been suggested by some sources that the powers that be possess the technology to manipulate the weather. While i can freely fathom the ability to aggravate already existing phenomona, the concept of having any precise control over it seems completely mind boggling.

6. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

technically we're currently in an ice age, it's just not as icy as it could be

7. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

I really hope the ice age comes. youd get to wear big comfy puffy coats all the time and get driven around the place by huskies :smile:

8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

It WOULD coincide with the end of the Mayan calender...

9. Raven

Raven Guest

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/09/070920160226.htm

As far as the artic is concerned it may only be a few years before we are ice free in the summer, its all going to depend on how much ice reforms this year as ice is very good at reflecting the light back into space and water is very good at absorbing that light, it could mean that the water temps will keep rising causing more melt, etc etc.

10. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Where did you get the date 2012 from? It coincides with the Mayan calendar which, apparently, never has been wrong. Apparently, according to the Mayan calendar, humanity will be "enlightened" in the 21st of December, 2012.

Although we technically still are in an ice age, although currently leaving it, it is a scientific fact that we soon will end up in a new ice age. The melting of the ice caps is leading to fresh water being mixed with salt water, and since fresh water is lighter than salt water, the great ocean conveyor, where warm water is transferred from the Mexican gulf, will come to a halt, since the water no longer can move around, due to the creation of a layer of fresh water. A slowdown of it has already been recorded in 2004, so it seems it already has begun.

Don't be fooled that you can do anything about it, though; the claim that there is a heightened green house effect is completely false. Of course, there is indeed a miniscule, completely insignificant increase of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, but it is just not relevant. What is relevant, however, is the sun. It has started getting a heightened activity, and is completely to "blame" for what currently is happening. This is completely natural and has happened during the whole of Earth's existence; the fact is that this current stage of comfortable weather is a very unusual one; the normal stage is quite chaotic.

I guess the reason the discussion of a heightened green house gas effect is so popular is because the vast majority of people want to think they can do something about it. However, scientific evidence clearly points to the sun. It won't come at once, though; you'll have about ten years to prepare. After that, it will last for at least a hundred years, but could well last for ten thousand. It may not be easy to digest, but denying it doesn't help; science is very clear on this. There is a few months old Danish scientific report on this... I don't remember who stood behind it, but if you don't believe me, you probably can find it, fairly easily. As for the great ocean conveyor, how it operates is a scientific fact and it's probably not too hard finding the information you need on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.