New job, confidence?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by whyaremeninmyshoes, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Hi everybody, I start a new job on Tuesday and I wondered if anybody had any tips for confidence, both projecting it and feeling it? I find it really hard, but I see this job as a new start, I am so anxious about it, suffering with anxiety and depression anyway. Although I know a couple of people there, the fact that I don't know many people I see as scary but also a big opportunity, but I don't want to feel so anxious, and therefore exude negativity, as I have in my current job and previous job. I want people to see me as confident, and to actually feel confident too.
    Thanks

2. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Congratulations on your new job. being anxious is ok but negativity is not. Just remember that the employer chose YOU out of the other candidates and believed that YOU are able to do the job. They wouldn't have chosen you if they thought you couldn't handle the job. So trust in their judgement and go in with a smiling face. And good luck.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Congratulations on your new job, well done :)

4. Thanks for your kind words both

5. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Congrats on the new job. You will be fine. Remember, the did chose you. And there were probably many others to chose from. But they wanted YOU. Keep that in mind when you start. Hopefully it will boost your confidence. And don't worry about not knowing many people who work there. That will come in time.