new job

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by hammockmonkey, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Tomorrow I'm starting work in an archaeology firm. And i'm just sitting here imagining what tomorrow will be like. The only things that come to mind is that I'm going to say something really stupid right off the bat when I get there. Everyone is going to think I'm an idiot. Then they are going to make fun of me. The whole day I'm just going to make mistake after mistake, then they fire me. I'm going to end up working at a gas station for the rest of my life and die toothless and alone living in some broken down trailer by the hudson river. I'll die and the only person to notice will be my landlord when he comes to pick up my rent check for the month. The police will have to comdemn the trailer because of the smell and I'll be forever remembed as decomp guy by the hudson.

I'm not nervous at all. :unsure:

2. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Aww :hug:

First of all, congratulations of landing a new job! :biggrin:

Try to be positive, and you're much less likely to make a bad impression :smile:. Keep reminding yourself that they gave YOU this job for a reason!

I'm sure they'll love you :smile:.

Good luck :arms: x

3. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

you have what it took to get the job. you have what it takes to keep it. you wouldn't be the first nervous person on their first day. chin up you'll do just fine

4. Sil

Sil Well-Known Member

Wow! and all of this before even start the job!:biggrin:
    just kidding. I'm exactly like you. I make up all possibilities, and some how, they are always bad. it's normal that you feel that way. the more you are nervous, the more you care, isnt'it? and because you care, I'm sure you will do just fine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.