New meds for me

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Ljt, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

I was on citalopram for 6 months starting at 20mg then 40mg. I have now been put on sertraline 50mg. Has anyone noted any deference in the two of them?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, I started on citalopram in I'd say 2009... im unsure if it helped, i don't think it did, my mind was all over the place back then anyway that I don't think I would have noticed but I quit it cold turkey one day, the withdrawals were hell. A few weeks ago I was put on setraline, first at 50mg, then 100mg then 150mg, at first I found it very helpful, then anxiety got extremely bad (that could have been down to the doses being increased so fast), but my doctor told me today to give it a chance to work, it can take several week for full effect, I will let you know how it goes x
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Citalopram did nothing for me. Was put on sertraline a few years ago which made me psychotic but that's because I'm bipolar and shouldn't take anti depressants. It did nothing for my depression, even on the max dose of 200mg.
  4. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Why can there not be a magic pill that fixes everything? :)
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hmm...that'd be in a perfect world, and this certainly isn't that. At least in our era we even have some meds to help us, I wonder what they did a thousand years ago for depression/anxiety etc.. must have been tough!
  6. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

I wish there was a magic pill like that! Can you tell me when you find one :p
  7. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I was changed from Carbamezapine to Lamotrogine and there was no difference there so maybe they are two similar drugs