New meds, New Psychiatrist?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Beka, Aug 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

To get straight to the point lately I've been wanting to try new meds, I'm currently on Quetiapine, but like I said in my last post it lowers my blood pressure a hell of a lot and I don't want to continue taking it. Trouble is that if I stop, like I have, then my sleep pattern is screwed.

But the last time I saw the psychiatrist who prescribes me the meds said he didn't really want to try more because he doesn't think that any will work for me. Is there any chance that I can call up the place and see a different psychiatrist? I can't go to my doctor about it because they won't interfere now the psychiatrist is involved.

I just want one who is more open to letting me try different meds.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

In the UK it's really difficult to see another psychiatrist. Where I live, there is one psychiatrist that covers each area so it's very difficult to see another one but it's something you could ask about.

3. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

I thought that was the case...I haven't seen him in months because I've been put on a program now..Will I still be able to get an appointment do you think?

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

When I have problems seeing my psychiatrist I always go through my GP because she will ring them up and ask them what the hell they are playing at but you could always ring the psychiatrist's secretary and she/he will chase up an appointment for you or get the psych to ring you back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.