New member greeting

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MR Fang, Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MR Fang

MR Fang Member

Hi everyone. I'm new to forums and not that great or clever with introductory posts but it's common courtesy.

I'm 23 years old in my last semester of college and trying to make my way as an amateur entertainment writer, primarily for film. I've been struggling with depression and a lot of self image issues for a while now but it finally reached a boil over point about 5 months ago.

I do want professional help but I'm very uncomfortable diverging the details of my problems to other people and I barely have the money to keep my life afloat, so I've been trying to keep a lid on things for about a year.

I'm hoping that if I have a place to vent with people that may understand my problems, I can keep it all under control until I somehow manage to pursue therapy independently if things keep getting worse.

Thank you all for your time in advance.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi MR Fang it is a good place here for support to just talk and to be heard and understood With regards to getting professional help sometimes the new psych grads will take on new clients at a reasonable rate and they are eager to help Hopefully you can let some of the sadness out here ok not keep a lid on it so tightly hugs
  3. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

I understand. I'm avoiding professional help myself now. I don't care to tell my problems to a stranger, that is possibly hiding even worse things I'm hiding.

This place has helped me, and I've only been here for a short time myself.

Good luck, and I wish I had better advice.
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Please take care and keep posting for support.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums, I hope you will find great support here :hug:
  6. alienbunny

alienbunny New Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 21 year old female living in LA (Travel a lot though and am currently out east).

This is my first time on any kind of a forum. If I am being completely honest-- I feel a little bit defeated having to have signed up for this forum. I think it's great that there is a support group for depressed & suicidal individuals. I just never thought I would be one of them.
  7. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

welcome, both.
    there's a lot of support on this site, just got to keep persistent in posting/sharing as much as can. people have kind words, advice and encouragement and share similar problems.
  8. pooky

pooky Forum Buddy

Hello mr fang and alienbunny,

welcome to sf. I hope you two will definitely find help and support from other members of sf.

keep posting
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.