new member here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by odjoeo, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odjoeo

odjoeo New Member

Hi. My name is Joe.

I just got out of a 3 day stay in a psych ward, which followed another week stay over 3 weeks ago.

Hearing from lots of people who want to provide support. Don't really feel like I can take it in.

Lived a very introverted, self-contained life, self absorbed life. Problems with unusal sexual thoughts and feelings since very early childhood. Wasn't abused - came from a very good family. Don't know quite how the sexual problem became so big and consuming.

Used to frequent Hooters restaurants 14 times a week just to watch the girls play tricks on each other. Fed my paraphila problem like it was heroin. Couldn't get enough.

Started receiving negative feedback (deserved) from the waitresses and management for leering. Stopped going 3 years ago. Only been there 1 or 2 times since. No criminal activity of any kind - but not anything to be proud of either.

Intense sexual preoccupation since childhood. Took me away from family and friends and lost in a world of my own.

Having trouble feeling acceptable/likable and fitting in with the rest of the world. Having trouble taking in caring from family and friends because I feel selfish and ugly.

Brain in constant turmoil and fear. Medication doesn't help much.

Tried 12 step groups but didn't find them all that helpful. Lost therapist who I had seen for some 15 years because she retired.

Don't know what to do to feel calm enough to cope with intense pain and continue with life.

Anyway, found my way to this site and thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks for listening.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HI Joe sorry you are suffering so and have lost your therapist I hope that you do reach out though to find a new therapist ok You should not have to fight the thoughts on your own
    a good therapist can help you welcome to SF
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Joe, welcome to the site..I agree with total eclipse that therapy is a great idea!
  4. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

welcome joe!
  5. Liquid Jello

Liquid Jello Well-Known Member

hey Joe:

hope u find the postings on the forum's site helpful, and that u also find support in the chatrooms. even though I'm still fairly new, I'd have to say that there really are many kind and caring people here.

welcome to the Forum.

6. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum Joe! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.