New Member - Introducing myself

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Sugar Mountain, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just discovered this forum and thought I would introduce myself. My name is "Michael" and I am 32 years old and have battled suicidal feelings since the age of 13. The first time I was aware I was suicidal was when I was in the seventh grade and found myself doodling a picture of a person holding a gun to his head.

I have never told a soul about these feelings.

I think the main source of my suicidal feelings are due to loneliness. It's not that I do not have friends, I have quite a few, but I have just never felt a true connection to many people in my life. I have always felt like an outsider.

I am not close to my family which I believe also contributes to these feelings of loneliness. My parents are very closed off, distant people who seem to have no interest in their kids. They clothed us and fed us and sent us to nice schools, but never hugged us or gave us advice or even ever told us that they loved us. I have never had a meaningful conversation with my parents in my life.

I was also subjected to extrememe physical and emotional abuse at the hands of a very violent older brother who I have not seen (thankfully) in 10 years.

The last few years I would say I have felt the least suicidal... until just recently. I was laid off from my job and am having a lot of money troubles. I work in Television so when you get laid off, it is verr hard to find another job.

I also recently learned that one of the only people I ever felt truly connected with (a girl) in life, is engaged to another man, which greatly depresses me.

At the same time I have realized that I myself am in a relationship I do not want to be in but feel stuck because she helps me financially. Without her I could not make it.

My friends would probably be very surprised to know I have these suicidal feelings. I had a job many people would clamor for where I work with many high profile celebrities. I also have a great sense of humor and often can be the life of the party.

Despite all this, I have never been able to shake this overwhelming feeling of loneliness that has plagued me my whole life. I have sought therapy which helped a little, but it became something I could not afford. I live in Los Angeles where the cost of living is very high.

I do not think I will be commiting suicide anytime soon, but this is the most suicidal I have felt in about 5 years and just felt like reaching out to someone.

Thanks for listening.
  2. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum, hun. I hope you can feel comfort in knowing there are other here who understand these feelings.. I am looking forward to seeing you aroiund the forum.. If you need a friend or would lkike to talk please feel welcome to PM me anytime or add me to MSN. :) :hug:

3. Thank you.
  4. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

You're very welcome :)
  5. lilboyblue

lilboyblue Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're reaching out, this is a good place to express yourself... people here do care and empathize. the only advice I have right now is to stay connected to your friends, try not to become isolated, even if you dont share your depression with them.
  6. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Micheal =]
    It's great to have you onboard,
    like carolyn said, ever need anything or someone to talk to you're welcome to PM or email me anytime.

Take care,
    Ally _%
  7. corral

corral Guest

hi Michael
    my parents are exactly the same, never said i love you, never hugged, never talked or shared, i was/am afraid of them cause my father was abusive, which made me a person who is scared to live the life.
    at least you live in LA, not in a shitty country like i do.
    Hope your life will improve and you will get everything you want.
  8. Los Angeles is no picnic. Where do you live?
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Michael. I am glad you chose to join our community here. I am sure youwill meet many new people with an understanding of what you are going through. Support is very important when dealing with these types of issues. Take care and I hope to see you around the forum and maybe in chat. :hug:
  10. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Hi there, and welcome to the forum :)

11. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Hey there and welcome to the forum. Hope to see you around.

12. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum Sugar!:smile: Feel free to come here as often as you need for friendship and support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.