New member LaLa'sgoneloopy

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by LaLa'sgoneloopy, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't really know what to post. I am a 35 year old mother of two terrific boys, and married to a great man who has stood by me though the good and the BAD. I suffer form sever depression, agoraphobia, panic/anxiety disorder and also have a heaping scoop of A.D.H.D and OCD just to round out the group. I have been in manic mode for about 6 months now, my bedroom is my sanctuary, my security. I don't know how much to include in an introductory, so I will end by saying this...I can't stop thinking about ending my life. I don't want to die, I want to live for my kids and husband and really that's all that's kept me alive for this long.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya and welcome. I used to suffer from agoraphobia, I did for 4-5 years (total recluse). Little by little, I have gotten better. I'm trying to think far back, when my doctor who had never seen me at that stage found out about my isolation from the world, I believe she sought the advice of someone from an agoraphobia association. They prescribed me an ssri anti-depressant, it didn't help much, it was the stronger anti anxiety drugs that helped and I saw a therapist. I am 25 now and I can leave the house these days mostly without feeling uneasy. I hope you find this site helps :hug:

3. Thanks for your reply. I left the house for the first time in 2 weeks today, just because I was out of Coke Cola and my youngest son needed milk. It makes me feel like a horrible mom and now I have turned my children into recluse's too. I don't want them to suffer bc of my phobia and am trying to find support and have actually been considering inpatient treatment, instead the meds they tend to throw at me. They only help for a short while and I feel like a zombie!

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome the forum. Please take care.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey again, I know it can be very difficult to leave the house. Maybe try going for a walk very early in the morning to start with? Or shopping late at night when there isn't many people around. I agree, medication on it's own may not help the situation enough, Have you tried therapy? Inpatient treatment might be a good idea as a starting point and maybe learn the skills you need to cope with whatever the underlying issue is. I am glad you are here talking, that's a good first step to make :)

Also.. is there any relative that could take your kids out for a while to get them out of the house? How old are the children? I believe you can do this. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.