New Member, Same Old Feelings

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by DonCorleone, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonCorleone

DonCorleone New Member

I'm a senior in high school, and for the past three or so years I've been having suicidal feelings. I don't have any energy or motivation and when I think about my potential future, I see nothing.

It might seem wrong of me, but when I read or hear people's stories about the hardships they've faced in their lives (mental illnesses, divorces that take away a parent, constant bullying, etc.) I feel guilty for having suicidal thoughts myself, and want to die even more.

I feel like my life is just one big embarassement and I know that I will never be able to contribute anything to anyone and that the lives of the people who are close to me will not be any different once I am gone.

Thank you for letting me vent.
  2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Hello there DonCorleone

Firstly I'd like to say welcome to SF :hug:

Secondly, please don't every compare yourself to others. Everyone has feelings, and it doesn't matter who's got 'bigger' problems than others and who's had a 'harder' life than others. Feelings are feelings, and they are there. There is no need to justify them, or to say whether they are allowed to be there or not. They are simply there and everyone's allowed to feel emotions. :hug:

Now, instead of comparing your life to others' , lets try and focus on ways to try and feel better :smile: :hug:

You say that you've had suicidal feelings for the past three years or so, have you ever sought professional help? Perhaps a counsellor or a psychotherapist? Or maybe, if you'd rather not see any of them, a school counsellor (or something of the like. I'm not sure how it's called in English) perhaps?

How do you feel your life is an embarrassment?
    No matter how much you might feel you don't matter and don't make a difference to anyone. Believe me, everyone makes a difference to at least one person's life. And people will grief if something were to happen to you.
    Nobody in this world is loved by nobody. So I really do hope that you won't do anything rash. That you will keep fighting this battle.
    And by all means do come here and vent. It can help making you feel a tad better and people can offer support, advice perhaps, and lots of virtual hugs if you want :smile:

Feel free to drop me an email or anything if you'd like to have a chat :smile: You can find information on how to contact me, in my profile.

3. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

Never compare yourself to others, you will only feel down. Look up to people but never compare yourself to them.

If you haven't already, start a journal about how you have improved or gotten better everyday. Write everything down, weather it be as small as talking to someone you haven't talked to in a while or as big as getting a house.

Stay with us and I hope we will be able to help you through this tough section of life.

4. dreamer

dreamer Well-Known Member

Dont feel guilty, its a mental illness to feel this way!.. we all have problems which we dont want. Nobody wants to feel this way, think about it. Its a problem that we cannot control. If we could we would absolutely choose not to feel this way. We would choose to be those happy, fun, sociable people we see on television.
  5. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

The objective circumstances of your life don't matter. What matters is how you react to them. A problem that a non-depressive would be able to take in stride could be insurmountable to a depressive. And a major problem for one depressive might not be so bad to another.

So don't feel guilty about being depressed over nothing. What matters is how you react to your own life. Only you can decide if your life is worth living.
  6. Casey.

Casey. Well-Known Member

Deleted post. I don't want to get in trouble. Admin can delete this if they wish.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.