Discussion in 'Welcome' started by baywasp, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Hi. You can just call me baywasp. Or whatever you want, as long as I know you're addressing me. My real first name is somewhat unusual, and I don't want to run the risk of someone finding me on here. I'm 22 and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (tbh I am pretty confused by people abbreviating Suicide Forum as SF). I'm afraid I'm not a particularly interesting person. I go to school (studying psychology), then when I'm at home I mostly mess around on the internet. I also love trying out new restaurants. I joined because I've been feeling pretty awful for the past week (and more before that), but I seem to have gotten a bit of a reprieve, at least for the night. Plus, typing out my story kind of helped me feel a bit better.

It's good to be somewhere I can (somewhat) freely discuss my thoughts and feelings where I'll hopefully not feel like a burden, how I do when I try to confide in my friends.
    Jenumbra likes this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi baywasp, wow from sanfrancisco, that's on my bucket list to visit lol :) welcome to the forums. I am glad you decided to join. We have SF abbreviated so that people walking past your laptop won't read ''suicide forum'' at least i think that's why hehe. Everyone is interesting and unique :) How long have you been studying psychology and do you like it? You can most certainly share your thoughts/feelings/secrets here and if there's ever a privacy issue you can always change your username. I'm glad you decided to join and post, welcome aboard. @baywasp
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi baywasp, welcome to SF. Don't worry, you won't need to feel like a burden here. A lot of us are going through things we can't talk about with people we know, so we post here instead. This is a good place for support and I hope it helps you :)
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to the forum and i am glad you found us. Also glad to hear got a little reprieve on the mood for the day too- I hope some company and having a place to talk will make that more frequent for you . :)
  5. baywasp

Thanks for the welcome. I took an AP Psychology class my senior year of high school, so about 5 years ago. I loved it, especially the project we did where we got to teach tricks to rats to help us study learning. It was then that I decided I wanted to major in psychology, but my parents discouraged it, so I went to my first college as an international studies major. I've only really been a psych major a few semesters, but I've been studying it independently some too.
    Thank you. I've been looking for a place like this because I've been repeatedly talking about suicidal thoughts to the same 2 friends and they probably are getting a little tired of it, as much as they deny that,
    Thanks. I seem to be warming up to this place rather quickly compared to how long it takes me to start posting on other sites I've joined.
    NYJmpMaster likes this.
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey baywasp, welcome to the site. I think the abbreviation SF is used partly so that a random person seeing your computer screen may not realize what it means, and partly because it's faster to type. :) Anyway, I hope you like it here.
  7. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hi there, and welcome to the forum!

I'm happy to hear it at least helped a bit to write down your story. I hope you find the support you need and wish for here; either on the forum or in the chatrooms. My inbox is always open as well
  8. baywasp

Thanks to the both of you! I really appreciate the warm welcome.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.