Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Linda W, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda W

Linda W New Member

Hi all, I appreciate someone being here.

Don't know exactly where to start, but I guess about 2 years ago will do it. I've always been the independent sort, thought I could take cere of everything on my own and I always had. I became very ill in the winter of 06 and ended up have to have invasive brain surgery. When I came home from the hospital my independent ways came to an end, someone had to help feed me, take me to the bathroom, bathe, etc. it was not a good feeling. I went back to work after about 1 1/2 months, but it took at least a year to start feeling like I was really getting over the surgery. I started a new job last April with a huge increase in pay, so I should be happy, but that's not the case. I feel I've mismanaged my whole life, the whole independence thing was carried too far. For some reason, I've cut all ties to my friends, my family is disfunctional, and I've put up walls so high I can't get over them. I see no reason anymore to work so hard, there's nothing else I want. Sometimes I can actually see the blood pouring out of my body and oddly enough, that gives me a good and right feeling. Only I know it's crazy.

Any help out there?

Linda

2. Robin

Robin Guest

Hey Linda welcome to the forum :) Sorry that you had to find us under these circumstances though :hug: I think your story shows you something of the remarkable in yourself, you've undergone incredibly serious surgery and come out a fighter at every turn, even so far as to find a really good paying job.

I know it's not the answer to happiness though, when someone comes down with depression, confusion can ensue when they see good things and can't understand why they are so unhappy.

Depression can hit the happiest of people and even though you have good things in your life doesn't mean you should be happy automatically. The best thing to do is to see a dr asap, get the depression treated and some sort of action plan against the depression formed, therapy of some description may help, it depends on the person but your dr will be the most informed person you can speak to right now.

In the mean time, if you want to talk about how you feel, feel free to post here on this forum and maybe get to know a few people if you are up to it. It can help a great deal, if only with the loneliness.

Take care and be safe :hug:

3. Hazibell

Hazibell Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF! im sorry you have been through so much and i hope we can offer some support and somebody to talk to here!
    Here if you ever need to chat.
    TC
    Hazi

4. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

welcome to sf linda, glad you found us.

if you need to chat then i or anyone is only a pm away.

take care hun

andy

5. welcome to the forum hun. i hope you find friendship and support here.

6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome Linda :hug:

7. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, Linda :smile:

You've obviously been through a lot, I hope you find the support and friendship you deserve

Take care,
    :hug:

8. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, Linda. Hope you find what you're looking for here. :hug: Take care. :smile:

9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:welcome:

10. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

:hug::hug::hug:Hello and:welcome:to SF, I am sure you will find many here that can relate to your feelings and who will be happy t chat. I look forward to seeing you around he site hun

11. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

:welcome:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.