New member :)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by x_tinkerbell_x, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x_tinkerbell_x

x_tinkerbell_x New Member

Hi everyone :) Im new to the forum so I thought I should introduce myself to you. Im Jenny, 24 from the North of England. Ive joined in an attempt to find some kind hearted and understanding people to talk to *fingers crossed*. I was diagnosed with depression last year and commenced on Citalopram which did help and (maybe stupidly) I also turned down the offer of counselling. At the age of 15 I was self harming - hitting my head against the wall, pulling my hair out and severely restricting my food and fluid intake. Im scared im going back that way :( xxx

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Tinker and welcome...as you inferred, maybe counseling would help you not go back to old patterns...also, please know there are many ppl here who understand what you are going through and will be here to support you...welcome again, and glad you found us, big hugs, J

3. SCUK2009

SCUK2009 Well-Known Member

Hello :) I hope this forum can help you.

4. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Hi Jenny and welcome to the forum :) If you ever need someone to talk to my pm box is always open! :hug: :welcome:

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Jenny!!!

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome :hug: i hope we can help!

7. The Situation

The Situation Member

Hi Tink, welcome to the forum. Jeez it feels weird saying that as I myself have only just arrived this week.

I am from N.E. England myself so if you ever want friend to talk through just let me know.

I look forward to reading your posts.

8. x_tinkerbell_x

x_tinkerbell_x New Member

Thank you so much to everyone for all your kind and welcoming messages :) this forum seems like such a friendly community to be part of and im so glad i found it xxx

9. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

Hi there! Welcome and we would be very glad to hear from you. Everyone here is willing to help.

10. stig

stig Well-Known Member

Hi Tinkerbell, you are in the right place, there is a lot of knowledge here, as with he others feel free to pm me if you need someone to talk to. I have been suicidal for 30 years, since I was 10. Stay safe, stay strong.

11. Hello.
    Yes, this forum is full of understanding and intelligent people, everyone has got experiences and they know how it feels.
    You're in the right place.

You're not weak, you're strong and don't let anyone to beat you down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.