Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ejh, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejh

ejh Member

Hi im new to this site, ive felt depressed and like hurting myself for awile now,i cant go a day without having thoughts. I cant talk to familys and friends i put on a brave face but take myself away and cry. Is there any help?

2. LonerForever

LonerForever Well-Known Member

Hey there :) I'm sorry to hear that you have been in so much pain. We all have to wear a mask sometimes, there is no shame in needing help. There are so many kind people here just waiting to help you when you need it. You can always PM me or if you want you can add me on MSN too where we can chat better than here. Just please keep holding on. You've done so good to get this far and things will get better for you :) :hug:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun yup you can talk here hun we are listening we care and we understand I understand the need for mask but if you can talk to your doctor okay see if there is anything that can help take that sadness away some be it therapy or meds or both even hugs

4. ejh

ejh Member

Thankyou, i feel so bad that i cant talk to people close, they would be so upset if they new i felt like this. My problems started when my dad killed himself, and i found him, i wasnt close to him it changed my life, i struggle to hold down a realationship and issues with thinking people are gonna hurt me. Sorry for ranting

5. LonerForever

Hey you're not ranting, I promise you. Its sometimes a good thing to get stuff out in the open. You're in pain, that makes any single word you say important. Please hold on. I can't emphasize that enough. Keep holding on. You are worth it

6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. And you are not ranting at all. Not even a little bit. Telling about themsevles, and the source of their pain, is what people can safely do here. You have something huge that you are carrying. Thats a horrible thing you have expereinced. If you are in school, would it be possible to talk with a school counseller? I am very glad that you are here talking. This is a very good step. Please, please continue to talk here. Okay? Because people here know what lots of pain feels like. And it does not scare us to read about other people's pain. :hug:

7. total eclipse

It is good then you are here you release that sadness here okay How sad for you to have found your father the trauma you must have felt and are still feeling. Please know you can talk to any of us anytime okay hugs

8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome..That is so awful about your dad and how it must have affected you...it is not too late to explore what help there is for you to work through the PTSD I am sure you were left with...please continue to share with us, as many of us are struggling with these issues, maybe from different circumstances, but surely feels similar...and yes, please try to talk to someone...you deserve to feel happier and free from these thoughts

9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi and welcome to you. It can be very difficult going through life this way, feeling that you can't talk to anyone, but we are here to help. You can talk to us anytime and we will be here to support you. :hug:

10. ejh

ejh Member

Todays the first in awile that ive felt positive and that im not alone, thankyou for your comments, my next step is to talk to the doctor.

11. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Glad you are feeling better today. Just continue to post here. as much as you want. It can really be a lifelime. Good to hear you are going to talk to your doctor. I think thats a very wise decision.

12. LonerForever

It takes a lot of strength to say what you just did. I hope you keep feeling better :)

13. total eclipse

I too am glad to see that you have reached out for some professional help hun way to go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.