new memories

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by kyangel04, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyangel04

kyangel04 Antiquities Friend

I hope I'm posting at the right place. I've always known I was abused by my stepdad and brother. But, I'm having new memories. I'm having a very hard time coping. I'm feeling really lost and scared.:sad:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun I hope you have a therapist then to help you cope with all these memories that are coming to surface A therapist will help you and will work with you slowly to understand all that is happening to you now hugs

3. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Hello
    As said above working with a therapist can help deal with these bad memories and help so you can cope as well.Does sometimes take bit of work and can sometimes be a bit emotional draining but can start helping you deal with ways of coping.I am talking with experience on this as i m going to a therapist trying to deal with abuse as well.It is a very lonely place to be I know and to be able to get things out is better than leaving them bottled up as all those bad memories and feelings will keep eating at you.Please take care

4. kyangel04

kyangel04 Antiquities Friend

I see my therapist once a wee. I have a pdoc too. I like and trust them both.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

That is so good hun you have such a good repertoire of trust with both I think in time they will both help you deal with any new memory that comes forward hugs

6. deathangel101

deathangel101 Well-Known Member

hey kyangel04 i too was sexually abused by my bother and dad in fact i saw my brother for the first time in 6 years on saturday i had an anxiety attack after that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.