New Method of Grounding?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by lightning05, Jun 6, 2016.

1. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

Even though I still struggle with suicidal ideation and not wanting to be alive, I have begun to do this new thing where when I feel low I look around and find something I am grateful or happy for. This morning it was as simple as seeing that one of my plants is growing taller. Yesterday I sipped some homemade iced tea and thought it tasted delicious. I have been trying to find these little tiny things that make me happy, even if it is just for a nanosecond. When I first started doing it it seemed silly but it has come to help me a lot. It also helps ground me when I am starting to go on autopilot. I just wanted to share this little "trick" with everyone and I am open to learning new methods to combat suicidal thoughts!

Witty_Sarcasm, Brian777 and Jenumbra like this.
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

That's a good thing to do lightning, kind of a mindfulness method. I read a book on grounding and it basically recommended walking barefoot on the Earth, said it had great healing power, I've yet to try it.....maybe this summer.
    Thanks for sharing my friend.
    Brian

lightning05 and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I like that, I will have to keep it in mind, thanks :)

Brian777 likes this.
  4. lightning05

That's an interesting one, @Brian777 . I'll try that at some point too, kind of like being one with the Earth. Thanks!

Brian777 likes this.
  5. Brian777

@lightning05 and @Witty_Sarcasm check out this earthing video, I watched this a while back and ended up getting the book "grounded" interesting and amazing stuff. Brian

lightning05 and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  6. lightning05

Thanks!

Brian777 likes this.
  7. Brian777

That's a cool video lightnin, if you ever get a chance to watch it.