New name for religious fundamentalists

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Godtards. Godtarded. Godtardation. And if it's just one nut - Godtard.

Whaddya think?
  2. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

What do I think?

Pretty offensive.
  3. Robin

Robin Guest

Likewise, education is always the way forward, not hate.
  4. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Since it is fundamentalists were talking about, I would have to say it suits them well.
  5. Austere Night

Austere Night Well-Known Member

Secularly impaired.
  6. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

What kind of "education" could possibly put these people in a good light? That is, when it comes to sickening religions such as Islam, Judaism and Christianity, anyway. They want to force their fascist ideas on everyone. The way I see it, they should all burn in hell... if hell existed, anyway.
  7. Robin

Robin Guest

Most religions have something in common and that is they teach that compassion to your fellow man. Man perverts what he wants to get what he wants and the simple ability we take for granted to read and write would allow those fighting to survive each day to question the few that abuse their authority and spew poison to those just dreaming of a better life promised to the faithful.
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Religion is a good thing when it unites people and teaches compassion for people, but it can easily be used to justify wars, causing massive bloodshed. Praise the Lord.
  9. Austere Night

Austere Night Well-Known Member

Religion only unites us the same way working for the same company unites you; it brings you together with a few buddies so you can fight as a whole with the other buddies at the other company.

I mean "fighting" more abstractly then actual physical violence, but I think you can see my point.

I go for secularism. Don't ask, don't tell. We can all have our little beliefs and keep it ours.
  10. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Frankly, I think that the addition of the suffix "tard" onto any word is offensive to people with actual mental disabilities.

That being said, it can occasionally be humorous. Whether or not this is one of those occasions is up for debate I suppose.

You obviously have an ax to grind.
  11. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

anything uniting people is good. religion is not needed for that.
    As for war its pretty much the same, religion or not we'll make up reasons to kill
    each other....after all the only thing cheap in life is life itself....whats a man worth....not much counted against oil and other fuels, against land, etc
    As for the names even im offended:dry: bit harsh
  12. Ozibuna

Ozibuna Well-Known Member

And you're not doing this? Forcing your "fascist ideas on everyone"? Go into the islamic world and you yell that, or come over here and make such remarks in public and you'll have your guts on a knife faster then you can blink. If you don't like it then shut up and don't listen/watch. Why can't you just get along? We do it just well with the others. Oh and i'm just curious, is it that bad that a religion is telling you to be good? To not be greedy? Not to kill, lie, steal? As far as the naming goes, what about those such as yourself? How bout ignorant?
  13. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

religion is the one of the biggest purpetrators of killing, lying and stealing
    please also take your own advice!
  14. Ozibuna

People do the killing, why? Easy! You mock something they believe in. Just as you get angry when somebody mocks you that's how others think. Just take the whole caricature of Mohamed incident, you saw what happened to that guy. Simple people, that's all it is. They don't have much in this world, they believe in few things and they won't bother you if you don't bother them, it's as easy as that.

Also i do have to ask, why is it such a big problem to you that others believe in something and you don't? What is it to you? It's THEIR life not yours.
  15. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Anywhere you go, you're going to meet extremists. Atheists or Christians, there aren't any exceptions to that rule.

What some of you guys have to understand is that there are many branches of Christianity.

I have met some people as archaic as some of you claim, and many of them are very kind. And of course, some can be a handful, sure. And then there are very open Christians I have met. Very open about topics like abortion, gay marriage, etc. It all depends on what they believe in, and how they interpret the bible. Many Christians are quite kind and compassionate.

Please don't bombard me with your own inconceptions of Christianity or any infactualities from the Bible either. The Bible can be interpreted in many different ways, and since I am by no means a scholar, it would be great if nobody imposed questions I cannot answer on me. And, I am an Atheist, not a Christian. I'm just letting you in on my experiences
  16. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

Both of your posts paint religious people to be very, very dangerous.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  17. Ozibuna

Actually that applies to everyone, not necessarily religious. Like i said before, if you mock or make fun of a simple person who only has very few things he cares about you will get a good beating or worse. For the rest its just as if someone tries to destroy everything you care about most, you get angry and you fight back, quite brutally if it's irreplaceable things.
  18. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

In order to live a good and proper life, one must submit to the all powerful FSM.

His Noodleness is the one true guiding pasta.
  19. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

i seriously dont get offended by others mocking me! its mere words. to think that i should be offended by others thoughts about me is foolish. i honestly dont give a fuck to what people make of me, for that many people dont like me as im too blunt and say what i think.
    ive never said i have a problem with people who believe in religion, i have only ever stated my point of view, so they should accept thats my point of view as i accept theirs. i will however question theirs views as to understand them more.
    it seem you just wish to have a dig at me for simply not following your train of thought, otherwise you should show me the evidence were i have stated i have a problem with people believing in things!
    Also please look at my signature!:rolleyes:
  20. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

Godtards are people! You must give people with godtardation the respect they deserve! Lol...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.