new obsession

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by VALIS, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

I think I'm developing an eating disorder. Last november I started running 5 nights a week, and I'm still doing this. I lost 20 or 25 lbs doing the running and without dieting....not really dieting, just kind of watching what I ate. I know if I stopped exercising the weight would come back; it's a metabolic issue. then I hit a wall and couldn't lose any more weight even though I was still running
    I started calorie counting a couple of weeks ago but haven't lost any more weiht yet. low fat diets are horrible by the way....i am a huge fan of salads but wanted to faint when i learned how many calories are in salad dressing. So now I dress them with lemon juice and they taste sour and disgusting.

Still haven't lost any more weight. I no longer care about my career and school track, my boyfriend is eventually going to be scared off by this weird depression. I am not a materialistic person. But my body feels heavy and gross. But now I can't stop looking at celebrity and men's magazine websites, websites and magazines that I used to hate and say were bad for women's self esteem, to see the girls that people think are hot...they are all thin and built with thin bones, unliike me. I am a healthy weight for my height- I am within my BMI limits. But I feel fat all the time and even if I don't care what other people think I still obsess over the fat on my sides, on my thighs, what size jeans I wear (I want to be 4 but I am 8). I want to pinch myself and feel nothing but skin, I want my bones to turn to powder and blow off in the breeze.

2. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Unfortunately I do not really have any suggestions, but this caught my eye. You do know that the bodies of the girls in those magazines usually are graphically edited? Not even those "perfect" models look like they do in the magazines. This is important for people to understand since the common ideals, nowadays, truthfully usually are entirely impossible to achieve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.