New on here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by lovelymusic27, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelymusic27

lovelymusic27 Member

I've been struggling with depression off and on my whole life as well as suicidal thoughts and self injury. My mood here lately has been really depressed and they want me to do ECT. I'm just hoping to find some support on here.
  2. pooky

pooky Forum Buddy

Hello lovelymusic27.

Warm welcome here on SF.

Its not good to self injure urself.Please stop that.Instead use that negative energy into something positive by becoming more creative - writing,painting,photography,singing/dancing.

And please don't think about suicide again.This place is like a 2nd home for most of us.Practice thinking positively.Practice is the key to lead a healthy life.

Depression is very damaging to one's everyday functionality in today's society.Please visit ur doc and if u don't have money just wait when u have enough and then visit him.I wish i was there just beside u ready to help u more.

Negative moods r very unpleasant for anybody , please do post here stating ur thoughts and feelings.

We here would be genuinely be glad to listen to u and support u. :hugtackles:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun nice to see you reaching out for support here Lots of caring people here that understand and have been in the same place hun Here you won't feel so alone in the fight to stay well. hugs
  4. pooky

pooky Forum Buddy

lovelymusic let us know how u r feeling now.We can help u if have any -ve feelings or thoughts.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi and welcome to Sf. We are glad to have you here. :hug: You will find lots of support here. Just keep posting and letting us know what's going on, and we'll be more than happy to help.
  6. lovelymusic27

lovelymusic27 Member

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'm taking them to heart. I haven't self injured in a while. However the thoughts are getting stronger. Usually i can pinpoint why i'm so depressed. This time i have no clue. It just hit me hard one day and its just been getting worse. The meds don't seem to be working. the last two day have been hard. I called my therapist today and she suggested hospitalization but i told her i just needed some help getting through the weekend because i see her monday. I know in my head that these feelings will eventually pass. just right now its hard. She gave me somethings to try and told me if something happened over the weekend to go into the er and i said i would. I have a good friend i've been talking to. I think between this site and the other support i have i can make it through. I hope i'm not putting too much out there and hope i'm posting in the correct spot. If not please let me know.
  7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi lovelymusic.. welcome.. we have a self harm forum furtrher down the listing that might help you with other peoples battles with this also.. hope you jmake it thru this weekend in ok shape.. glad you got a therapist that you seem to have a good workable relationship with.. tc, Jim

ps i love music also.. also been fighting severe depression for most of my life..maybe we can talk some more about these subjects another time..
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That's good that you will be seeing your therapist on Monday. If things do get bad then please check into the hospital this weekend. I hope things work out for the best for you.
  9. lovelymusic27

lovelymusic27 Member

Thanks jimk i will check the si forum out. I love music also. I'm trying to listen to inspirational music right now to help lift my mood.
  10. lovelymusic27

lovelymusic27 Member

Thanks witty sarcasm. I promise if things do get worse i will go to the hospital.
  11. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF I hope you find this site useful and helpful during your time here. Remember were here to support you, and I hope you continue to share your emotions and feelings with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.