New one

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ShatteredMemories, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey All,
    I thought I should pop in here and introduce myself. I'm 20, live in Australia. I study and work. I'm in recovery from anorexia/bulimia, PTSD and depression. I came looking for this forum because after a serious suicide attempt (that had me semi-conscious for 3 days in a medical ward) while I was in a psychiatric unit (for eating disorder treatment), I kind of feel like no one else really gets it and I'd really like that support. Suicidal ideation is something that I still struggle with, as much as I hate it.

I guess I'm just looking to know that I'm not alone. I'm not in crisis right now, but as my PTSD treatment continues, I imagine I will. History doesn't lie; and I am no stranger to the mental health system. I guess I'm just tired of not being understood. None of my friends seem to understand what it's like to want to die, to feel like I deserve to die. I don't want to feel this way, but I do and that breaks my heart. Even more so, I'm at the highest weight I've been at in a long time and my anorexic brain is struggling to cope with that.

Anyway, look forward to getting to know some of you around here.

2. SelfMadePrison

SelfMadePrison Banned Member

You certainly have come to the right community that can relate with what you have felt through life.

All though I can't relate with a true eating disorder I can relate with the suicidal ideation and worthlessness thinking.. the mind can be a dastardly place.. good thing is there is freedom from the chronic unhappiness, not any one of us can get through this alone though.

again welcome!

Breath easy
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome. I'm glad you joined; you definitely aren't alone in how you feel.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. You definitely are not alone in your struggles. I am glad your attempt was not successful and that you have chosen to seek out help and support. :hug:
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum, I hope you can find support here :smile:
  6. Thanks for the warm welcomes :)
  7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Welcome !
  8. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :) welcome to the forum :shake:
  9. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

:welcome: to SF, see you around :hug:
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums..Lots of support here..
  11. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Welcome aboard!

Cruise the forums, and we will help as much as possible.

Tons of support here. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!
  12. xToxThexGravex

xToxThexGravex Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
  13. Aw aren't you all so lovely and welcoming. Thank you. I'm kind of shy, so I'm just hanging around and getting the feel for a bit before I really start posting. xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.