New person

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jasper, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasper

Jasper New Member

I dont even know where to begin. I'm 32 years old, live with my parents and have no job. I've just finished 2 degrees only to find that they're both useless. I lost my job during the recession and I haven't been able to find work. I don't think I'm competent to work anywhere, I feel like a fraud. I'm socially inept which I think comes from that fact that I'm not too bright and I'm constantly being embarrassed in conversation. The culmination of these issues has made me very withdrawn. Lately, I've been having thoughts of suicide because I honestly feel overwhelmed. Its like I'm so far behind that normal life feels out of reach. I want a family and children more than anything but there's no way I can accomplish that. I need a job, a home, social skills, a personality, looks, and a girl willing to lower herself to my level. The only thing keeping me from going absolutely crazy are my nephews and part of me feels like I would be doing them a favor by leaving before they're old enough to realize I'm a loser. I want to seek help but I have no money left. I spent a great deal of money seeking help when I had a job and I'm no better than when I started. I feel completely helpless, like I'm just waiting till I can't cope anymore. Can anyone relate to this or offer suggestions?

2. xXxJJxXx

xXxJJxXx Active Member

Hi, sorry to hear what you're going through at the moment.
    It sounds as though you have absolutely no confidence in yourself- you're obviously a very bright and intelligent person and loving as well. I know it's hard to see the good things, trying making a list of your good features and traits and ask others around you what they would say as well. Building up your confidence may seem like a struggle but it will help in the end. As for the job, relationships,etc- they will sort themselves out with time. That perfect person and opportunity will come about soon enough. Look for help when you need it, whether on here, a professional, a hotline... People are always going to help you if you reach out to them.
    Keep posting. Jess <3

also, give your nephews a big hug and tell them you love them. They are one of the many reasons that you're life IS worth living. Remember that...

3. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Jasper. :)

4. isocial

isocial Active Member

Welcome to SF jasper...
    i can understand your feelings.suicide is not a right decision for your problems.just just share your feelings with some one and keep trying to get good job.
    i hope you will get a job asp....

5. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I can really relate to how you feel- I'm 31, no job either and live at home.

6. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Hi and firstly welcome to the forum, I understand the pressures of finding work it is very hard out there at the moment, I think in a way maybe it is good that you are not working at the moment as this could become overwhelming as you need to build your confidence first and work on making you better.

Communication is the key, I am sure your parents love you and are proud no matter what you, never forget that. Maybe you should speak to them about how you feel, support from loved ones is essential when someone is feeling low. Also you should list everything that is worrying you and get them to help you through it one by one, otherwise it can become too much to cope at once on your own.

Take Care

Rich

7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I think you have many things to offer a woman, but you first have to see yourself in a better light. You have accomplished so much! Being shy is not a crime, and as far as living with your folks goes, I moved in with my folks when I had to get my life together. That is what they are for. You are not a loser, and everything you are having issues with can be fixed. Don't give up! You are what a girl wants, don't try to be something you are not. I am sure you are a sweet, and loving guy who respects women, and there are woman out there that need guys like you! I am a social butterfly and I am always at ease with talking with people. You know how I do it? I'm just friendly, and I treat everyone like they should be treated. Everyone matters to me, and I let them know it by talking to them, sharing a hug, learning about them, and so on. You feel overwhelmed and that is understandable. Use this off time to explore who you are. Who are you? Do the things you do define you? No, you are a unique person waiting to be let out. What are your interests and hobbies? Discover yourself and find your passion. I hope this helps. Blessings..

8. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Hi Jasper,

Sorry for you pain. I will pray for you!!!! Please pray too !!!! Please don't stop looking for help. The next time you try may be the time that helps. You might be better off in group therapy. That has helped me. You hear others talk and can identify ad others hear you and get help. Also it gives you a network. Hard times come into all our lives and some of us seem to be getting as harsher treatment. 12 step programs are free if you don;t have money.But I do believe that if the pain is great then the capacity for happiness is equal. Your time will come.reachout as much as you can to as many people as you can. Feel free to write me anytime!!!!

Marty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.