1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Perspective

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ire, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ire

Ire Guest

Allright, I plan on killing myself sometime after my 19th birthday, which is in may.

So I was thinking, knowing your going to kill yourself soon gives you a whole new perspective on things.

For example, I was looking at this eyeglasses shop and thought, "I should get contact lenses". Then I realized, It's not going to matter, I can live with glasses for another two months.

And earlier I was reading gun laws about how if you are admitted to a psychiatric hospital you can't own guns in some states... and I thought how jacked up that was... then I was like, Hey! It doesn't matter!

Just kind of thought it was interesting.

2. Ardo85

Ardo85 Active Member

Yea, I've had a similar effect happening to me for the past year or so. I don't have a specific time I'm planning on killing myself... maybe in the next few days, maybe in a few years from now. I find it strangely liberating and actually puts me more at ease and takes some of the edge off my depression. I don't have to worry about making any long term plans with work, school, careers, etcetera since I know it won't really matter (I'm a 23 year old college drop out living with parents). I can just dick around for weeks at a time cause I can always kill myself later or when shit hits the fan. Knowing this I think its actually delayed my eventual suicide.

3. DeeKay

DeeKay Member

I totally agree with both of you. I love knowing I can kill myself anytime. It makes things a little better.

4. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Im not suicidal as much as I used to be but the fact that you can are suicidal holds alot of power because if your suicidal, there isnt a god damn thing that anyone can make you do, its what you wanna do. You control all the power, I think thats one of the things that made me even more so in favor of it, because I could never be forced to do anything i wanted because I can just *boom* be gone and I dont have to do shit.

5. peacegirl

peacegirl Well-Known Member

Ire, that is such a good sign because you are conscious of looking at your own thoughts about your demise. I think you have a lot of insight into your own thinking. Bravo to you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.