New Self-Harmer.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Tane, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tane

Tane Active Member

I havn't cut myself. Yet. I'm what you would call, a novice cutter? Self-Harm Starter? What have you.

Thanks to this forum I realize how bad self harm is. I haven't hurt myself since I started reading this. But I'm worried that a stressful situation may trigger me. The way I hurt is exsessive scratching until blood, and punching myself in the face. I have approximatley 9 scratches, all on my arms and shoulders. I first started when I ran into my cousin on the Internet after bashing his blog. I was frantic my mind raced I could almost feel my individual atoms drifting away. So I scratched, and scratched, and scratched. I drew blood but I didn't stop I just kept going. The pain centered my mind. It allowed me to evaluate the situation and act. I'm starring at the remnants of the scratch now. After, I thought how beneficial the scratching had been. That's how I started, probably no more than 2 months ago. The punching began to feel the pain quicker. I'm worried I'm just a step away from cutting.

Any advice would be very helpful. I will answer any question as soon ad possible.

[[I realize my grammer in that was absoultly atrocious]]

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Many yrs ago, I used to cut...now I have a voice and I can express what I could not then...hoping you continue to be kind to yourself...you are worth it...J

3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i used to scratch when i was younger, the questions i used to get about how i got them used to make me uncomfortable so i eventually stopped. but i ended up pulling out all my eyelashes and eyebrows. i just had to actively stop myself from doing it, when i caught myself doing it i would make a consious decision to stop. i dont know how to tell you how to stop, its a journey we have to go on ourselves. but just think how bad you feel when you look down at the marks you leave on yourself, is it really worth it?

4. Angel_Dawn

Angel_Dawn Well-Known Member

Cutting is like an addiction, once you start its hard to stop. The urge will always be there, but try not to let it get to you. I know I dont WANT to do it, and I have stopped, but every now and then I slip, but I hate myself more for doing it. I do it, then I hate myself, so I do it some more. It's a vicious cycle. Is there anything you really enjoy doing that would take your mind off it when you get the urge? Sometimes its nice just to get away from everyone and everything.

Hope you're okay. We're all here for ya.

Dawn

5. Tane

Tane Active Member

I had the first experience where I felt an intense need to hurt myself since starting this forum. I hadnt realized how bad it had gotten. I started to scratch before even thinking about it. It was a scary experience.

What do you do instead to deal with stress??

6. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

Try running. just go onto a long strech of path, and just go for it.
    Makes me feel free, and it releases the same chemicals when you cause yourself pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.