New Server (Etc)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Freya, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Just a note to say that we are now moved to our shiny new server!!! So thank you very much all for your patience over the past week or so.

We now have 24/7 Tech Support from a team of people so it is not all falling to one guy - who did a phenomenal job and we can't thank him enough - and if 'tech stuff' happens, as it sometimes does, we can get hold of someone instantly day or night to fix it and keep SF running for everyone who needs it.

Our next steps over the coming days are to restore full services and features to the site. This many mean rebuilding portions of it from new so we thank you for your continued patience.

In the meantime, the forum should be working for existing members with chat as normal. Please make sure you are on the vbulletin theme (check the setting in the bottom left corner of the forum) and it seems to work best in Chrome.

Things we know about and will be working on ASAP:
    • The non www version of the site not showing
    • New member registrations not working
    • Site logging people out periodically
    • Plugins need reinstalling (social groups, who's been online etc)
    • Themes / appearance of the site - getting chat working on every theme
    Once these things are done we will hopefully be bringing you some shiny new features as well - SF already has an amazing community of people all helping each other every day. We want to give people as many ways to express themselves and help each other as possible.

SF is the people who come here - who talk and post and support each other every day. I personally am incredibly proud of all of our members - their strength and compassion and willingness to be here for each other despite individual pain.

Thank you ALL so much for making SF amazing. We may be doing the techy behind the scenes stuff but it is you guys that make SF what it is!!

7 people like this.
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Follow up note - if you posted on the forum last night then its possible your post didn't make it across the migration - we're really sorry but some data is always lost in these things. Apologies if your post has vanished! Please post again :)

4 people like this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you SO much, I was lost without SF last night. I am super duper delighted with the new process of 24/7 tech support, sounds amazing. You guys do not get enough thanks and praise for all ye do :)

5 people like this.
  4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Thanks ever so much, Ben, so glad SF is back up and running! I was going a little batty for a while there, without being able to see Bubbles every time I posted in the forums or the chat and the new support team is going to make things a heck of a lot easy to deal with in the future should any such occurrances again such as last week!

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.