New SF Video

Discussion in 'Forum News & Updates' started by JmpMster, Sep 2, 2017.

1. JmpMster

JmpMster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

A production video we had made to introduce people to SF. It will be used in various places such as our home page, on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

2. nobodyknows71

nobodyknows71 May the odds be ever in your favour Forum Pro SF Supporter

I love it Ben.
    It's clear, straight forward, no nonsense and tells is as is it.

Congrats to all involved.
    Kira and Anne Charlotte like this.
  3. UnFortunateSon

UnFortunateSon New Member

Hey Ben...

I'm sorry, but it looked, and felt, like a commercial for Prozac. Maybe it was the cartoonish aspect of it. What's wrong with showing real people, in real pain? Doesn't have to be motion. Doesn't have to be scary. (Although suicide is some scary shit, I can remember when the thought first occurred to me as a viable option, and yes, everything is when you're thirteen. “Scared” doesn't begin to describe the feeling). There are powerful, still photographs out there of people standing on bridges, on train platforms, staring at the ocean... and just the look on their faces says it all... Real people, Real faces, Real, obvious intensions.

I did like the end somewhat, where it tells people; Hey, This is us, This is why we're here, We're free, We're anonymous, And we can Help, etc., etc. Perahaps highliting SF at the start instead of at the end...

I'm in no way a professional, obviously, these are just my first impressions. They're meant to be helpful, not hurtful.
    JmpMster likes this.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

omg ben your ideas these days are the bees knees. I love the video, it says it as it is. Just well done for doing things making life brighter for others. You have a heart made of gold :)
    Unknown_111 likes this.
  5. UnFortunateSon

UnFortunateSon New Member

Thanks for the education. I appreciate it.
  6. walkerbait95

walkerbait95 SF Social Media Forum Pro SF Supporter

That's all pretty interesting about paying actors and the fees associated with using "real people" and such.

In other news, I like the new video. Good job.

...always hard at work. :)
    JmpMster likes this.
  7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Brilliant video as it helps to promote the forum and explains the purpose of the forum.
    JmpMster likes this.
  8. Laura79

Laura79 Well-Known Member

I really like the video. I thought you did an amazing job!!!
    JmpMster likes this.
  9. HumanExMachina

HumanExMachina What a wonderful world...

It's nice but I really want to see the blooper reel:p
    JmpMster likes this.