New, So Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Erratic, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erratic

Erratic Active Member

I'm new. I found the forums randomly while looking for something else. It seems like a good place to be, especially while in a down state of mind like I have been for the last few weeks.

I haven't fleshed out my profile too much, but I will, sooner or later. All I've done is added the avatar, which is some fanart of a character from World of Warcraft that I found rather lovely. It seems appropriate, nodding to my geekiness and the like, from the source. I chose this particular username as a departure from my usual one, for anonymity's sake and it describes my behaviour and head sometimes when I'm depressed.

A bit about me, though.

I'm 24, I've been surviving depression since I was an adolescent, in and out of therapy with two hospitalizations, the more recent of the two being in 2006. I was diagnosed with major depression, borderline personality disorder, and some traits of bi-polar type 2. I'm currently in therapy though, the silver lining, as well as in a DBT group. My attendance has been shoddy to the latter for the last few months, going is sometimes hard. It's been better for the last month, though, though it's not any easier.

I'm here to find support from like minded people. I talk to people online better than I do face to face, it seems.

I get wordy, too.
  2. PeaceBlueFire

PeaceBlueFire Well-Known Member

Hello Erratic! :welcome: to SF! I hope you find what you are looking for.
  3. Danny Crooks

Danny Crooks Well-Known Member

Hi erratic, ..

Welcome to SF, .. I hope you are able to find the support you need here

Peace & God Bless.

4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to sf :)
  5. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

Welcome~ Glad you found us~ hope to see you around!

V :cool:
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum
    if you need a friend I'm here :hug:
  7. Erratic

Erratic Active Member

Thanks for all your kind words.

Most of the people in chat last night were pretty nice.
  8. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to SF :hug:
  10. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. You have come to the right place to gain support from people who understand what it is like to suffer through these issues. :hug:
  12. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome to the forum =D
  13. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome to SF! :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.