New starter...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by RainbowChaser, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Basically, after nearly 7 years of not self harming at all (or even starting to self harm, despite wanting to badly) I finally cut for the first time a few weeks ago. I thought it was a one-off, but over the last two nights I've done it again.

I feel the need to punish myself. I didn't kill myself properly last night as I intended to, which is why I did it. And now it stings, and it's making me want to do it again. I tried putting something on it to sooth it that the pharmacist suggested (I told her they were cat-scratches because they're simalar enough), but that's only made it sting worse.

I really honestly think I'm screwed this time :sad:
  2. eih

eih Well-Known Member

awww.. it's alright.. don't feel to bad about it.. just please try and stop before you get too into it. just put some bandages on it and wash em up with warm water and soap.

Your not screwed if you just stop, what works for me is... making it impossible for me to cut... hiding knifes and sharp things ect

good luck :hug:
  3. altek001

altek001 Well-Known Member

i can't really think of better advice than what eih gave ya.

if you get the urge near something pointy huck it out the window and if you're up high in a building, it'll make for some of the most colorful commentary this side of Saturn.

do not fret all too much. seriously...the longest i've gone without hurting myself since i started is only seven months so you've had a good jump on me in the quitting dept.

keep the strength. it seems you have a lot to not cut for so long...
    and i think that medication's sting is a good thing...that means it's working.

well, that's what i would think...

..take care. stay safe.

- Henry
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I think once you start you can't stop. I only stared a few months ag, but its been getting worse and each cut deeper and deeper. I can hardly feel pain there anymore. I have to constantly hide my wrists.
    You just have to deal with what triggers you to cut, and fight the urge, some how!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.