New, suicidal

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by HappilyEverAfter, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Hi everybody. I'm 19 y/o and thinking about ending my life. At home mom has started drinking again and I have problems with friends. I've never felt that I've fit in and I can't deal with it anymore.

I like to listen to music, watch tv shows and be with my pets. I read in the rules that I'm not allowed to talk about suicide methods here, what am I allowed to talk about regarding suicide? I have no one to talk to about it.
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to the forum. You can talk about things in your life that are making you feel suicidal.
  3. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I'm 48 and I PREFER to be alone listening to music, reading, watching tv and movies and spending time with my 6 pets. I think that's perfectly wonderful. I'm sorry you feel can't control your mother's alcoholism. You're 19, are you able to move out on your own? I don't know where you live or your circumstances. When I was 17, I left "home" and never looked back. It was a bit of a struggle, but I didn't have the toxicity and abuse from that anymore. As for friends, I choose not to have any, I find it too stressful and I've accepted that I'm happier alone.
  4. sahel

sahel SF Supporter

what are you doing? school or college? or finding a job? or already working?
    I asked this question because by change of place specially getting out of school and going to college, you have the chance to look for friends who are a better fit. But if you prefer to be alone, it's fine, too.
  5. moxman

moxman Rosie a silly girl, pretending to be serious Forum Pro

Thank you for joining us here at SF. I personally look forward to hearing about you and what has brought you to this corner of the web. I invite you to read my personal story below in green and just know you are not the only in pain. You are not the only one suffering. Everyone here is fighting their own battles. While you are here, you are safe. No one will harass you or insult you in any manner. That BS is not tolerated here. I hate to hear that you are suicidal. You must have a lot of stuff going on in your life for you to feel this way. Do you know why we feel suicidal? (I am suicidal too, btw) If you don't know would you like for me to explain it to you? I want you to promise me that if you ever feel like you are in danger of hurting yourself, you will take yourself to the nearest ER, and get the help you need. There is no shame in getting help.

I would personally love to hear more about you. What are your dreams? What do you want out of life? What issues do you think , you need help with? How can we help you get into a better place?

Feel free to PM/IM me anytime if you just want to chat or want to talk about something in a private manner.

Take Care
  6. Hello - I am new - I am 45 years old and am thinking of finishing my life - everything has fallen to pieces. I live in UK
  7. actually it seems i am so confused that i didnt realise i am already a member
  8. moxman

Have you thought about seeing a counselor; maybe they could help you?

I am always here if you want to chat.

Take Care
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to SF, I hope you will like it here. You are always welcome to message me and please read the sites guidelines on the homepage so you will know the rules.
  10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Have you spoken to a counsellor or doctor about your feelings? We can help as we have been through what you are going through but please keep posting. Remember don't be scared in posting your feelings as the moderaters will moderate where necessary.

At the moment you are very vunberable and keep posting as we care about YOU.
  11. Thank you all, you're so kind.

I do have a therapist, but he's stupid. I'm actually scared of him. He has yelled at me to the point where I've cried... so I don't really trust him you know? Luckily he's quitting at the end of the month though, so that's good.

I live in a residential treatment center, so I can talk to the staff here.

My dreams for life would be to be able to have a life with its ups and downs of course, but that the downs don't go as deep as I'll-kill-myself-can't-handle-this-kind of downs. Just being able to enjoy life sometimes would be amazing. I think one of my biggest issues or things that I struggle with, is social codes and how to behave around people. I have an autism-diagnosis and it's honestly ruining my life. One of my biggest wishes in life is to have a friend, but the struggles with social codes etc. is making it really difficult.
  12. I guess I could tell you a little bit more about myself, since you're asking. I'm afraid I'll sound nuts, but honestly, who isn't, in this crazy world we live in?

Some say I'm psychotic but I don't believe them. People have said both that I'm psychotic and that I'm not - that it all has to do with my autism. Whatever it is, it's making it real difficult to live here.

I have access to other "levels" that "ordinary" people in this world can't access. It's like different layers of the world. I'm from a place far away from this world, that's why I don't function too well in this world. Sorry, noticing that I'm saying the same things over and over again... gah I'm tired, I need some sleep lol. Anyway feel free to ask if there's anything you're wondering.
  13. moxman

I am glad you are getting rid of your therapist , sounds like a real jackass. I hope you get a new one that treats you better.

Are you seeing a psychiatrist at all?
  14. No I'm not, the therapist and the staff members are the only professionals I have at the moment. I was worried about having to talk to my therapist today, but turns out I don't have to, so that's a big relief. Idk who will be my new therapist when the one I have now quits, but honestly, anyone would be better than him.