New Therapist

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cardholic, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardholic

Cardholic Member

I'm feeling suicidal, and I don't feel like I can tell anyone... I still feel under control, but feel like I could attempt at any time - just trying to get through today and tomorrow til my therapy appt.

This is a new therapist, and If I tell her how I'm really feeling, will she have to send me to the hospital? Even if I make a safety contract? Because I have prior attempts, do they automatically send you away?

2. meforeverlost

meforeverlost New Member

if you say you have been having thoughts, most therapists will just try to make a safety plan but if you get into any kind of specifics, like how or when you are planning to do it they are required by law to turn it in and put you on suicide watch. as long as you don't say you are planning it you shouldn't have a problem talking to him/her about how you feel.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have even told my therapist i do have a plan but promised not to use it and i was not put into hospital hun just try to be honest ok on what your feeling that way new therapist will know where you are at and how to help you hugs

4. Cardholic

Cardholic Member

she suggested that i go, butn didnt mandate it im going this morning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.