New to Board

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by doodstone, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodstone

doodstone Member

Hi,

I have been depressed folowing a relationship breakup, new job & new house. Some things have gone wrong with the house that have now pushed me completely over the edge and i am severely struggling to cope. I am undewr the care of the hospital and have counselling but am finding every hour and minute a struggle. I just want everything to go away preferably me. I go to sleep at night praying that i wont wake up but i keep doing so and it makes me worse. Please help.

2. incognito

incognito Well-Known Member

I don't know how to help. Are the mental healthcare professionals making any impact? Analyze your situation and emotions. Why exactly are you feeling this way? There is a fitting solution to everything. Don't freak out, be cool and think. And I'm sorry if I suck at helping. Hope someone here can help you.

3. doodstone

doodstone Member

hi incognito - thanks for replying. i think they are helping a little but it is such hard going. i have been on anti depressants for 4 weeks now. the mornings are the worst. the house i bought has had loads go wrong with it and cos of the state i am in i am worried about being able to function at work. everything feels so hard at the minute.

4. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

Hi Doodstone,

Welcome to SF, sorry u had to find us under these circumstances but I hope that u can find the support, love, and friendships u very much deserve.

I also have depression and the blackness that u feel, the feeling that it won't ever lift takes over any rational thinking, but it won't always be like that.

The anti-depressants will take a couple of weeks to get into ur blood system, u need to make sure u take them everyday preferable in the morning..it might also be that u need to have the dosage up'd.

Moving house is one of the most depressing things that can happen in anyones life, but try to hold onto how it will feel when u have been living in ur new home, with ur furnishings, those little things that make u smile when u think of them be it a picture, a flower, or even that funky toy..when u walk in from a cold nite to that of a warm welcoming home..

Try which is the most difficult thing to do, to look at the positives..hold on in there.

thinkin of you

lost x

5. incognito

incognito Well-Known Member

Sorry for giving the useless "think through it" advice. It probably means shit to you right now. Best wishes dood and lost.

6. doodstone

doodstone Member

thank you lost child - i guess i am just looking for ways to manage - i currently take my meds at about 5.30am - seeing the consultant on tuesday and i think he is going to up my dose. i know most of the recovery has to come from me tho - but eerything feels so hard to do - even geting up and tkaing a shower seems like a mountain - guess i am telling u nthing new. it helps a little to know i am not alone.

7. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

When ur depressed the best think you can do for urself is keep pushing urself, making sure u get out of bed, u take that shower, u see friends, u try to keep life as normal as possible as u probably know its very easy to fall deeper into depression when u stop doing things, even small simple things...I know it feels hard, difficult, you have no cares or motivation to do anything, but ur doing well by continuing to getting out of bed, taking the shower, small things but massive when u are feeling depressed.

Most recovery does have to come urself, but that doesn't mean you have to do it alone...everyone needs a friend to share those feelings, thoughts, troubles, and even good times ~ keep talking to us on SF, we do understand and ur not alone.

When u see the consultant on Tuesday try to explain how u have been feeling, if u don't think ur be able to find the words try to write them down and hand it to him/her as soon as u walk in (if ur anything like me, the longer I hold on to it the less chances I have of handing it over and walk out with that paper still in my bag).

Thinking of you

Lost xx

8. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Hey.

Things will seems that extra bit harder, it's all part of your depression. Can't your family help you out with your house?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.