New to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been depressed for quite a few years, and as of late, strongly considering suicide. I am tired of the pain. I also suffer from social anxiety. I have a plan and I will follow-through with it. I don't know why I'm really here. Maybe I need a good reason to stick around. I am not the kind of person that fits in anywhere because of my social anxiety. I have very few friends. I see very little of my family because we are not close at all. I feel this constant pain, fear, emptiness and by ending it all I would finally be at peace, which is what I want. This is my life in a nutshell.

Sea Sparkles

Hi Kit...

I feel your pain with SAD (social anxiety disorder!) ... If you don't feel you can fit in here (which I hope you do, because this is such a great site).. you could always check out the http://www.socialanxietysupport.com forum, it's full of people who are socially awkward (like us!)

I'm so sorry you are feeling suicidal and alone...,

Have you talked to anyone about your depression/ anxiety?
Have you ever tried Medication for either? SSRI's work for both anxiety and depression
Have you ever tried some of the self help books/ audio's? - Those are truly a gem!!!!
Have you tried CBT? - Most likely the best thing that has helped me get out of my shell more and more.

There are many options to try to cope with SAD and depression
We are here to support you
Anytime you need to rant or need help :hug:

Things will get better!!!
Be safe

- Sea

Thanks for your replies.

Sea, to answer your questions, I see a resident doctor at our local mental health facility for antidepressants and clonazepam (anti-anxiety med). I've never tried books or audios, and I have no idea what CBT is, but would love to know what that is.

TheLoneWolf

Hello and welcome. I can identify with how you're feeling. I too came here because I was looking for friends and a reason to stick around. I also used to suffer from crippling social anxiety, though I seem to be getting over that these days. Just wanted you to know that many of us understand how you feel.

Hi TLW, I have social anxiety at times as well. It sucks I don't know why it happens. I hide it pretty well, but I get caught the odd time if I don't smother it with booze in social situations. I'm new here too and this forum is pretty cool. It's nice to meet people here with similar feelings. To relate.

TheLoneWolf

Hi TLW, I have social anxiety at times as well. It sucks I don't know why it happens. I hide it pretty well, but I get caught the odd time if I don't smother it with booze in social situations. I'm new here too and this forum is pretty cool. It's nice to meet people here with similar feelings. To relate.
Ah yes... the old liquid confidence trick. I am quite familiar with that. It helped me cope with social anxiety when I was younger. Now it just helps me cope with life itself - I no longer really give a shit about appearing awkward in social situations. I'm so used to making a fool of myself that I don't even blush about it anymore. I just try to forget it and go on like it never even happened.

So far this is the first and only time where people know how it feels. Right now I'm on my way to work, which scares the shit out of me. I've downed a lot of anxiety pills, which help a little, but have to take more later. Talk to you later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00