New to posting but not to the forums.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by junkhead, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junkhead

junkhead New Member

Hey everyone, so I've never really posted here before. I singed up quite a while back but jest never really got around to introducing myself to contributing at all. For what ever reason I've finally decided to at least say hello.

I'm 27, have dealt with depression and thoughts of suicide for as far back as I can remember. I'm a recent recovering alcoholic. Been sober for a little over two years. Although I do occasionally abuse other drugs, nothing really on a daily basis.

Alcohol has definitely been the worst habit, or the habit that screwed me up the most. I was hospitalized from the E.R., subsequently suffered D.T's. I'm slowly recovering from neuropathy, both in my legs/feet as well as optical. All from heavy drinking. Looking back on it I will have a hard time believing some of the things I did will under the influence.

I'm also a cancer survivor, diagnosed when I was 12. I've been dealing with sexual/gender identity issues as well for...many many years. That seems to be my biggest issue it seems. The one that seems to triggers my depression most frequently.

I've been in therapy in the past for unrelated problem but I'm finally going to be seeing someone specifically for these gender problems.

That about sums of my personal problems.

Outside of that I'm a musician, avid reader and wanna be short story/fiction writer. I still live at home with parents but hope to change that situation by the end of the year. Slowly getting back out into the working world. I haven't help down a job for more then a few weeks, at least since 2005.

I've been trying to get back into working out, at least to slim down a bit. Not that I'm fat or anything...well I think I'm fat but I know deep down I'm not really.

Not sure what else to say at this point Looking forward to hopefully posting more, and lending an ear to listen or give advice went appropriate.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun welcome to SF.
  3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hello JHead.. Glad you got around to opening up on here..thanks!!! Congrats for finally letting of the alcohol..good going.. Hope you find a good professional to deal with those issues.. Hope you find a good job and can stay with it.. Best wishes,,Jim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.