New to SF - 32/female

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by arete, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arete

arete Member

Hello,

I'm new to SF and would like to find someone with whom to chat who might be in a similar situation. I'm 32, female, well-educated (graduate degree), intellectual, empathetic, and struggling with suicidal thoughts, though otherwise level-headed. Highly rational, not on medication; would like to chat about our situations in a clear, articulate, and reasonable way.

2. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. welcome to s.f. .. .

s.f. saved me, and saves me. ...

i am 45. .. not as much education as you (only 3 yrs university) - but a high IQ and def intellectual, empathic, and yes, struggling with suicidal thoughts (disclaimer....i have 2 children. . . and therefore though i have had 'feelings' and yes, at times i still do. . no matter what. .. i cannot end my life .. because they exist. therefore, ,, i have to struggle on.....)

this is a good place to be. real people. real support. pm me anytime. or many others . . note. we all stick together, and now, that includes you.....we are glad you are here. ... :hug:

3. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

hihi, welcome to the forum. why are you suicidal? can you share more?

4. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome x

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Arete,
    Welcome to the forum!! I'm not educated as you are but have a big heart and also suffer from suicidal ideations, amongst other problems...Feel free to PM me anytime!!

6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

7. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

welcome to SF! Feel free to pm me anytime if you need to talk!

8. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

Hiya

Welcome to SF. I am female and of a similar age. If you want to talk at all feel free to contact me :)

Take care

Ellie

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf :)

I'm glad you found us!!

10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I am open to discussion if you so choose as well. Suicidal thoughts are what led me to this forum almost 3 years ago. I have found a home in this community. I am 45 and have a Bachelors degree + 30 semester credits beyond it. I have found that the level of education really does not indicate the quality of discussion you can have here. There are also many young people that are wise well beyond their years from life experiences. Don't discount anyone. You never know when help may be just around the corner. :hug:

11. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

like GL i agree.. i am 39, i worked in mental health and am a trained psychologist . b4 i got ill i was a trainer in self harm an abuse. it means nothing if you yourself have suicidal impulses. my disability led me here. the forum is varied. you will relate to some and not to others. my qualifications are laughable to me now.

12. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF

13. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Arete.

:hug: Claire xx

14. lettinGo

lettinGo Well-Known Member

welcome to sf, arete! :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.