New to SF

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Dove, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dove

Dove Member

Hi all
    I'm new to this site. I have reluctantly used MH services for a little while now. I actually used to be part of it for work but that all fell around my ears when I started getting into more "difficulties". So now no job although there is one on the horizon of a few hours working in a shop which actually sounds like bliss to me.
    I used to go on another website for a long time but I don't feel I can go back due to some of the replies I got there. I tried to explain myself and the situation honestly in that I had went out drinking with friends one night and so skipped meds that night as I didn't want to take sedation when drinking(hadn't had alcohol for months before that) and I got some really negative replies that I was prioritising alchohol over medication. I tried to say how I wasn't and that I just wanted to join in for one night and feel normal but the damage was done I no longer felt able to go there as I felt they just weren't realistic about life situations that we all have. I see a psychologist, who understood that situation entirely, who I see weekly and I have a psychiatrist who I see as little as possible as I just really don't like her. Due to see her this week so not looking forward to that.
    I found this site just by looking for the S word simply as I am having alot of thoughts, images and some hallucinations of a not nice nature at the moment and to be honest coming online and talking/reading helps, so here I am. I am female and in England so Hello everyone
  2. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. I am glad you found this site and it's good that you are seeing someone for your problems. we are all caring on here and will listen without judging. :hug:
  3. Dove

Dove Member

Thank you Dawn x
  4. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :) welcome to the forum - im ellie :shake: i hope that you find the site will help you lots :)
  5. Dove

Dove Member

Hi Ellie, thanks. I like your jumping monkey!
  6. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Hi, welcome to SF :)
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Dove,, Plenty of peeps here to listen to you.. Keep posting andeven vent your anger here if yoiu want.. No one will judge you.,.
  8. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

9. Comrade Napoleon

Comrade Napoleon Well-Known Member

Hope you find this website helpful
  10. Dove

Dove Member

Thank you everyone :smile:
  11. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Dove i love your user name everyone here is kind and does not judge hun
    I just wanted to welcome you to SF hugs