new to site and computers!!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by pinkylol, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinkylol

pinkylol New Member

just wanted to say hi and feeling a little unsure if im doing the right thing here

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You're doing the right thing. :smile: Welcome to the site!! If you need any help learning your way around, don't hesitate to ask.

3. pinkylol

pinkylol New Member

thank you

4. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Welcome, have a good look around. I'm a silver struggler and this forum is pretty easy to navigate once you get used to it.

5. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Welcome to sf :) It's ok if you feel the urge to smash your computer at times, it's rather common among .... everyone I think :D

6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

you are doing great. Welcome to this website and to the web. Glad you are here :) Learning computers does get easier. When I was first learning I told a dell tech that I was thinking of throwing the computer out the window. Well, okay my first learning experience was on an operating system callled Windows ME. It was a mean villin :D

7. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Pinky and welcome..look around here at your own pace..maybe a forum or two will hit a familiar chord for you.. Maybe another post in there..

We hardly ever bite hon.. We will listen to you when and if you are ready..TC, Jim

8. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

New to computers? As someone who has been using the Internet since 1996, all I can say is GET OUT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! I wish I had never started. Just think of how good I could've been at anything had I not wasted all this time on the computer and applied myself to other things; I might even have a friend to go outside and hangout with. But instead, I use my computer as a vent because I have no other outlets and it gets me in trouble. I'm 23 years old, when I post things people don't like, and they can't do anything about it legally, they tell on me to my parents.

Now I'm in an addiction I can't break. Why do I subject myself to the thoughts and opinions of a billion other people? Surely I'm bound to disagree with more than I would agree with. I don't know, but still, I do it everyday and everyday I find something on the Internet that makes me upset.

But that being said... welcome to SF.

9. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hey.

welcome to the forum

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to the forum =)

11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hey, welcome to the site...I think it's pretty easy to navigate, so you'll get the hang of it quickly :)

12. JoLynn

JoLynn New Member

I've never been on a site for this before. I need to talk to someone who understands the thoughts and desires of suicide. I feel lost.

13. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi JoLynn, welcome to the site. You can message me or others on the site if you need to talk, or even use the chat. There are lots of people on here willing to listen and give support :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.