New to the board

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by volia, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. volia

volia New Member

Hi guys,

I'm new and thought I would say hi.

Honestly I'm a bit worried I'm to old for this (I'm 28), and even if I thought about it over the years I've never really talked to anyone about how much I think about suicide. I guess I've always had it in my mind that if I talk about it, I don't mean it, and would be seen as "the little boy who called wolf", or worse yet, get locked up until everyone thinks I'm "safe", and I would tell myself, it would only hurt them to know. The reason I am here is because once again I couldn't go through with it. Over the years (since I was about 12) I have made 5 different plans, though only 2 of them were truly well thought out and planned. One of those times was last weekend. I had everything ready but when it came down to it, I just couldn't bring myself to do the last step. I thought I had given up, but I guess not, atleast somewhere inside theres a part that wants to live. So I'm going to try and get better, I think. And so, I figured this would be a good first step.

And that was probably more then anyone wanted to know, I'm sorry. Anyways, I look forward to exploring the board.

2. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

:) hi and welcome

I just want to say, you're never too old or too young for feeling.. anything. Regardless of it, it's your life, no matter how good or bad it is or was.
    I know how you mean about talking about it, and then worrying about the later effect of being declared someone who "cries wolf". On here, though, don't let that stop you from talking about how you feel. Sometimes we have really bad moments or times that make us "know" that we're going to do something. But we don't in the end. That doesn't mean we're crying wolf, if anything, it shows you have an inner strength that, like you said, wants you to live and won't let you give up on yourself.
    Hope you can find some support here to help you through your depression.

:)

3. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to SF!

I hope that you find some support here :) Like Axiom said age makes no difference

4. eagle

eagle Well-Known Member

welcome :)

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forums viola :) :hug:

6. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

Hi Volia, welcome to S.F.

Talking here is a good first step, but if you are having serious thoughts to the point where you are making detailed plans you might need real life help from a Dr. About the most we can be here is a friend, ear, and a source of basic advice. Also Volia, don't be sorry about your posts. The first few posts are the hardest. I look forward to reading more of your posts. :hug: 2 u

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.