New to the forum, Old to the ideation

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Anomaly, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anomaly

Anomaly Member

Heya
    I'm new here, so I am saying a quick hello..."Hello!" :D
    I have found my way here because a woman I am very fond of, is suicidal and I don't know how to deal with that. I am usually on the other side, so it's really weird for me coping with a suicidal friend.
    One thing she said was that she wishes there was a community of people with suicidal ideation. A safe space where you can talk about suicide without people freaking out (and ringing your parents).
    I guess I'm here to see if this is such a place...
    Um the particular pigeonholes you can put me in are: feminist, activist, music lover, avid reader, vegetarian (when not eating meat), strong believer in humour being the cure for all that ails, animal libber (when not eating or wearing them), hippy/goth/punk, craftivist, artist, writer (who doesn't write), secondary school drop out, tertiary school drop out, lesbian (when not sleeping with a man)...
    So much for a quick hello :p
    I have posted more (in case you feel you just can't get enough of me) in the "My Story" section of the forum :D

P.S. I am rather silly, if I was old enough (and male) you could think the Beatles' "Fool on the Hill" was about me...

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Lol well that was fun to read. You sound like a fun person to be around, I'm sorry your friend is suicidal, that cannot be easy but this is in fact a great support forum that perhaps you and her could benefit from. No one here will contact authorities etc.. We are strictly peer to peer. It's nice to meet you. I hope you find the forum helpful, if you need anything give me a shout.

3. Colin

Colin New Member

I'm new also are you telling the truth, 'a woman I am very fond of, is suicidal' or is it you?

4. Anomaly

Anomaly Member

It is definitely someone else that is feeling suicidal... if I was feeling suicidal, I would just say so, I'm blunt like that :p

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You need to tell your friend to join this forum as suicide is NOT THE ANSWER. We are a supportive and very much a PRO-LIFE organisation. The people who will help her are the ones who suffer everyday and survive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.