New to the forum, Old to the ideation

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Anomaly, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anomaly

Anomaly Member

I'm new here, so I am saying a quick hello..."Hello!" :D
    I have found my way here because a woman I am very fond of, is suicidal and I don't know how to deal with that. I am usually on the other side, so it's really weird for me coping with a suicidal friend.
    One thing she said was that she wishes there was a community of people with suicidal ideation. A safe space where you can talk about suicide without people freaking out (and ringing your parents).
    I guess I'm here to see if this is such a place...
    Um the particular pigeonholes you can put me in are: feminist, activist, music lover, avid reader, vegetarian (when not eating meat), strong believer in humour being the cure for all that ails, animal libber (when not eating or wearing them), hippy/goth/punk, craftivist, artist, writer (who doesn't write), secondary school drop out, tertiary school drop out, lesbian (when not sleeping with a man)...
    So much for a quick hello :p
    I have posted more (in case you feel you just can't get enough of me) in the "My Story" section of the forum :D

P.S. I am rather silly, if I was old enough (and male) you could think the Beatles' "Fool on the Hill" was about me...
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Lol well that was fun to read. You sound like a fun person to be around, I'm sorry your friend is suicidal, that cannot be easy but this is in fact a great support forum that perhaps you and her could benefit from. No one here will contact authorities etc.. We are strictly peer to peer. It's nice to meet you. I hope you find the forum helpful, if you need anything give me a shout.
  3. Colin

Colin New Member

I'm new also are you telling the truth, 'a woman I am very fond of, is suicidal' or is it you?
  4. Anomaly

Anomaly Member

It is definitely someone else that is feeling suicidal... if I was feeling suicidal, I would just say so, I'm blunt like that :p
  5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You need to tell your friend to join this forum as suicide is NOT THE ANSWER. We are a supportive and very much a PRO-LIFE organisation. The people who will help her are the ones who suffer everyday and survive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.